• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do they have the internet 'overseas'? It's only in Japan, isn't it.     Well, if they do have the internets in other countries, I jolly well hope that you will stay with us 'here', ippy.  

i honest to christ hate it. In 2005 i came with 20kgs of stuff, and left with about 50. This time i arrived with 80kgs, left korea with around 60, and hopefully will be leaving japan with around 40kgs of stuffs (with ten of it being books and vinyl in a small box and another ten being snow gears - if only i could just bring myself to get rid of it all... but no chance!). This should mean i can stay pretty transient and get around easy enough since its going to be bedlam for the next couple of years i assume. So long as i dont take up a new hideously expensive (and heavy) hobby, we're all good.

hehe, not quite yet. Havent even got my flight sorted. Got to wait on my new passport before i start booking things. Plan though is stay at a hotel for a week in bangkok. Spend first few days chilling out and exploring the place, then spend a couple of days searching for a monthly lease apartment. Once im settled in there, then its time to go find a job. Or, if its between the 13th and 16th april, time to get wet :)

Good for you ippy.

I hope you enjoy it.

:)

You'll have to keep create an ippy's adventures in Thailand thread and keep us going with that. (No adult photos though!)

Must say, the idea sounds a bit scary for me.

I'm too settled and probably getting a bit older too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ippy, how did you arrange payment for ur gear that u sold? Bank transfer? I have a couple of bites on my Omni on Craigslist but dunno how payment is arranged

Youll have to work that one with the wife. Basically for me it went through a friends account, she has a bank transfer set up on her account or something. They pay her, she gives me the cash. Honestly no idea to be honest. All i did was provide the boards.

ETA: 2010 Sierrascope 156 (indoor FK guts, horrorscope shape (mid wide) Ltd release for sierra).

10,000 yen shipped. (ETA: base isnt actually that bad! I always imagine its much worse than it is) But you all know i love that deck, and still ride it so it aint trash. Makes an awesome early/late season deck. If youre needing a nice softish playful cruisy deck to add to your quiver, this board is aces. I havent said a shit word about it once on the forums and thats because aside my beloved zerker its my favorite deck.

If you reply before about 5pm ill also throw in the forces for another 7000 yens. 17,000 yen for the pair, will sell board separate but not forces.

And the reason theres a time limit is i need to send the snow gears im keeping to a friends house and takkyubin will be popping around then.

Oh, and **** it, ill throw in my kissmark 162 board bag (with backpack straps). Offer ends as soon as kuroneko turn up and then its just the scope. Pissing off the person whos house im staying in. Annnnd, yeah ill also throw in the boots, but now its getting heavy so if you want the boots, its an extra 3000 yen. So full set, scope, forces, bag and boots (nike zoom force 1s - beaten to crap mind you - size 9US) for 20,000 yen.

And im not done yet! buy it 20,000 all in and ill throw in my helmet on top of this. I might even be willing to throw in my grandad cord snowboarding pants as well. Hows about that then?

ETA: will do the same set up on the zerker but itll cost 30,000 :) Oh and ill throw in my foursquare adams jacket.

Pics all over the site. Youll see me using this shit somewhere.

With Ippy selling all his shite and in particular the powder snake was just wondering if how easy/ hard

to get your hands on a second hand powder board in Nihon? Been looking in Oz but there rare as hens

teeth (don't get much powder here!)

some dude is selling an omni on craigslist. For some reason the douche went with a 2011 instead of a 2012 with the backshit inserts, but you know. Probably some kind of cheapskate! :p

Cos some dude bought it before the 2012 was out. He probably is amazing but buying a board before release is probably beyond him :p

Rucky Inu.....Ippy didn't sell a Powder Snake, it's me who has one but Im not selling it

With Ippy selling all his shite and in particular the powder snake was just wondering if how easy/ hard

to get your hands on a second hand powder board in Nihon? Been looking in Oz but there rare as hens

Theres a GNU Haulin Oats 170 on Ebay at the moment for $30

Checked it out Seemore. That's one big wide board. Looked in pretty good nick . Person selling it reckoned

all it needed was a edge and base tune to tidy it up. Cant remember what postage fee but all up seemed reasonable for 2nd hand.

Just thought it may be too big/ wide for me even with low cost, just going on manufacturers recommended weight to board sizes however

that may change with powder boards?

I had been looking for 2nd hand Burton Fishies' up to ~ 160 - 165. Although not too keen on centre channel thingy, just thought

there would be more 2nd hand ones due to popular brand?

Checked it out Seemore. That's one big wide board. Looked in pretty good nick . Person selling it reckoned

all it needed was a edge and base tune to tidy it up. Cant remember what postage fee but all up seemed reasonable for 2nd hand.

Just thought it may be too big/ wide for me even with low cost, just going on manufacturers recommended weight to board sizes however

that may change with powder boards?

I had been looking for 2nd hand Burton Fishies' up to ~ 160 - 165. Although not too keen on centre channel thingy, just thought

there would be more 2nd hand ones due to popular brand?

Keep looking Rucky

I bought a brand new one 5 years old from cashies for $100 and a second hand one on Ebay for $150 so they come up.

I have since sold them both though

• 2 weeks later...

Sound like great buys seemore.

Why did you sell them on?

The 1st one the deck started grazing so i presumed it was going to delaminate and the 2nd one I just wanted to ride something different, if I see a 160 come up i will buy it though as I do like the fish

Yeah it was a bargain you could get a great feel for a fish the base was sweet.

You couldn't buy a print for that cheap and this had heaps more history I even ran over Panhead Pete with it :D