So I have looked through the forums, and all the advice given, but yet to find somewhere that offers an online place to buy snowboards.

Ochanomizu and that area is a bit out of my price range, as they want a mere fortune for a 158+ cms in length, 250mm+ in waist snowboard.

For those who bought their stuff in Japan, where did you get yours from?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do they have the internet 'overseas'? It's only in Japan, isn't it.     Well, if they do have the internets in other countries, I jolly well hope that you will stay with us 'here', ippy.  

I've found some good bargains at some of the big sports stores, Alpen, Victoria etc. They don't always have a huge range but going between a few shops I've usually found what I was looking for.

Ignio are just a budget Japanese label. You find them on pretty much every sport in places like sports depo and the like. They are pretty much big box shitty brand. Probably the absolute lowest of the low in truth.

Ignio are just a budget Japanese label. You find them on pretty much every sport in places like sports depo and the like. They are pretty much big box shitty brand. Probably the absolute lowest of the low in truth.

Explains the cheap price then. :D

Shouldn't you be snowboarding rounds about now ippy!?

;)

just getting ready :) had to make post office detour... radio silence commencing now (until I get bored) ;)

I got my skis and just bought new ski boots on Yahoo Auction. The skis are around 60-70k in Ochanomizu but I got them less than 40k. Cheapest I could buy the boots was 44k in the shops - got them at 31k. A pair in a larger size went for 22k!! There are a lot of pretty good bargains on there if you know what you want...

Other than that I'd suggest looking in the states - even with postage it is often cheaper and the postage doesn't take too long..

Ah OK. Thanks.

I was interested in it as it is a mid-wide board. Also looked at Elan Answer rocker but can't find much info about it.

Also the K2 5150 as well.

God this is a pain in the arse.

Popped into Murasaki sports for a laugh at the prices.....they have this years salomon powder snake (I have last years) and they are selling it for 55k......I got mines for just under 30k including delivery from the US

I bought my quiver killer, my airobic, my beacon and my freeboard (eugh) from ebay. Often times the people selling tehir old shit dont want to ship it around teh world so youre gonna need a US mail forwarder to get them to agree to the sale. Plus it also makes sense since more often than not these places will have shipping deals compared to Mr.Random Ebaydude. For smaller things its okay, but when its over 155cms (i think thats the limit), USPS wont handle it (unless the dude at the post office that day is feeling super sweet). So its often courier only, and as i say, mr random ebayer doesnt have the clout for a good shipping deal in that situation.

I think the import duty (as probably told to me from tubby or mick) was 5% sales tax. To be honest though ive had a few things delivered and hit with umbers so insignificant i cant even recall what they were. The only thing protected is leather which i think adds a 20% duty on it. Still, likely ends up cheaper than japan prices :p

Craigslist also has bargains, but private sellers do NOT want to deal with people outside their town more often than not, let alone the country. Youll definitely be needing a mail forwarder to pick up a bargain there.

Isnt there also gear trade or whatever it is.