They wouldn't let me rent bindings. Shame as Maiko did a while back.

Still never mind. A great day out, and I think I prefer Tashiro over Kagura really.

yeah I like the Tashiro area as well, Kagura's good when the top bit is open and you can rip all thru the back to the top of the gondola

So what did you do once you broke it?

I must say I'm confused!

I went down to the rental shop by the Mitsumata ropeway, and they couldn't repair it, nor would they rent me a set of bindings. Went to the shop in the car park at Mitsumata ropeway, who couldn't fix it, nor did they have bindings to sell.

Thought about renting a board, but they wanted 3000yen to rent a board for 3 hours or so. So I gave up and went and drank Sake, and got lost around Echigo-Yuzawa trying to find the phone box. :D

My goggles are ******. I have a set of smith phenom and the lens completely failed on me during my trip to Nozawa over the last 2 days. They were continually fogging up. I would take them inside and let it clear and by the time i was back in my bindings and ready to go they would be fogged up again. At first I thought it was because I made the mistake of wiping the inside of them late last season but now I don't think that would have made any difference. The part that is continually fogging up is between the 2 lens layers. Has anyone had a similar problem with dual layer lenses? And is there a way to fix this problem?

i had a pair of them. I picked them up off a back of decent reviews, but honestly, evenb with the front vent open the fog up really quick. Do yourself a massive favor and go pick up a pair of EG2s. Brilliant goggles. Awesome field of vision and never had any fogging problems... My splices have had zero issues as well. My Spy Targa ii's and the smiths were fekking hopeless.

And once they start fogging on the inside theyre borked. It means the seal has gone somewhere so youre fighting a losing battle.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first day on the slopes up a at Kagura yesterday. Didn't get off to a great start - checked the website "今朝までの降雪はございません。" Ah, well, no deep powder then.

Main problem was my new boots - I'd had them on for an hour or so at home with no problems - maybe a bit of pins and needles at the end but I figured they'd soon mould to my feet. When at the resort, however, within 5 minutes of putting them on, completely killing my feet. I simply had to take them off after every single run. As they got cold, it just became impossible to put them back on again without my friends help! Was regretting not doing the "thermo fitting" thing, but Im not sure how much it would help. I warmed them up at lunch time and they were better in the afternoon - I didnt have to take them off but still was getting pins and needles. Partly because of my boot troubles we didn't really get that many runs in, and we tried to go to our usual side-country areas but it seemed that they're were a lot more trees and branches this year and it wasn't really ski-able for riders of our level - I guess the lack of deep powder also speeded everything up making it all seem a lot tighter. In the afternoon the visibiltiy became very poor so for the last hour we went down to Mitusmata and had a bit of fun down there. However, final "icing on the cake" when I took my skis off, I realised one of the bindings had broken - the piece where your heal pushes onto to lift up the brake had fallen off. Fortunately I have some spare brakes so I should be able to fix it....