Hello everybody i'm new in this forum.

Me and my friends we would like go ski in japan but we dont really know where, and i would like to know which is the best place to go!!

anyone know?

Thanks

Pulce88

easy starts:

niseko - hakuba - yuzawa

Easy once youve hit the ground a bit:

Nozawa - myoko - rusutsu - furano

Takes a bit more planning:

shiga kogen - kiroro - zao

Takes serious planning:

No idea to be honest since im lazy. :)

Head here for some outlines: http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/resort.html

easy starts:

niseko - hakuba - yuzawa

Takes serious planning:

Head here for some outlines: http://www.snowjapan...ght/resort.html

YEAH!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

Also have a think about your ability, what sort of skiing/riding you like, your budget, when you're coming, how long you're staying for, what sort of cultural experience you want (ie Japanese or non-Japanese, nightlife options, etc, etc), then once you've done some research and narrowed down your options, post on here again and you'll probably get a better response. Good luck! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

easy starts:

niseko - hakuba - yuzawa

Takes serious planning:

Head here for some outlines: http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/resort.html

Most concise post ever by Ippy!! :o Is everything ok, Ipps? :)

heeeeeyyyyy, sometimes words are needed to deal with the nuance and complexities of the language and concepts your using, sometimes theyre not. Sometimes you can just list stuff. Thats cool too yo! I have many strings to my bow ill have you know. Fortunately poetry isnt really one of them :) In fact thats why i use a lot of words it could be argued. i have less of an artists temperament and more of a vogons.

Also have a think about your ability, what sort of skiing/riding you like, your budget, when you're coming, how long you're staying for, what sort of cultural experience you want (ie Japanese or non-Japanese, nightlife options, etc, etc), then once you've done some research and narrowed down your options, post on here again and you'll probably get a better response. Good luck! :thumbsup:

we are going to do 10 days of powder and right now we dont really know what's our budget.

we want ski in a good powder but we want to know japanese culture!!

The Japanese culture or no Japanese culture is a load of bollocks. (Myth in Italian I think).

You are going to Japan, you do not suddenly land in Moscow or Perth. There are Japanese wherever you go, no surprise there.

The bollocks that is being perpetrated is that Niseko is giajin town and that the legal tender is Aus dollars. All bollocks.

Wherever you go in Japan, it is Japanese culture. They are true patriots.

The bollocks that is being perpetrated is that Niseko is giajin town and that the legal tender is Aus dollars. All bollocks.

Perpetrated by who?

Compared to most other places, it is gaijin town. It is a fact.

If you want to go a place where the people are mostly Japanese, choose any place other than the 'big names' - especially Niseko.

Perpetrated by who?

Compared to most other places, it is gaijin town. It is a fact.

If you want to go a place where the people are mostly Japanese, choose any place other than the 'big names' - especially Niseko.

Perpetrated by whom?

You for one "it is gaijin town. It is a fact"

Me and my friends we would like go ski in japan but we dont really know where, and i would like to know which is the best place to go!!

anyone know?

Thanks

Pulce88

Hey Pulce, i'm from Italy too, and hitting Niseko and surrounding area from 31th January till 1st March, if your dates are in February we can meet up there!

Btw i chose Niseko cause it's the easiest to arrange, one of the most snowy, and one of the cheapest for accommodation. Still unsure if it's the best choice tho, it looks so overcrowded, and a real japan experience would've been a lot more appealing to me

• Like 1

Niseko is a good shout tho....it is fantastic snow, Japanese people do go there but its got a lot of foreigners for pretty much the reason that lastrocker says.....its the easiest to book from abroad (for a number of reasons).

My first time to Japan as well doing 5 days at Niseko, 6 at Rusutsu..... then 6 free days somewhere.... and finishing with 4 days at Asahidake. We are strong advanced skiers and also keen for back/slack if the snow is better on the day. Any thoughts on somewhere cool in the early/mid January time frame would be great

anyone know?

Thanks

Pulce88

Hey Pulce, i'm from Italy too, and hitting Niseko and surrounding area from 31th January till 1st March, if your dates are in February we can meet up there!

Btw i chose Niseko cause it's the easiest to arrange, one of the most snowy, and one of the cheapest for accommodation. Still unsure if it's the best choice tho, it looks so overcrowded, and a real japan experience would've been a lot more appealing to me

YEAH!!! i will let you know!!! thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...