Sake Appreciation Thread 2012/2013

CHECK.....THIS....OUT.......(sorry had to yell that)

So...we had a business meeting today at one of my preferred customers upscale mansions in Atami. He also has houses in Karuizawa, Tokyo and some other place down in Okinawa. This guy is stratosphere super rich. The Atami house is like a museum with famous pieces of artwork and collectables from Edo Japan and around the world....amazing!!

Anyway, after a very lucrative business dealing he presented me with this bottle of Sake. One of the rarest bottles of sake in Japan he told me and went on to say...it is one of only a very limited number of bottles specially produced for gifts to the former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and other visiting dignitaries. I guess this was all part of the 2007 Tokyo Summit. He has the last 10 bottles and decided to give one to me. Why...me? I have absolutely no idea other than that he really does love my work and knows I appreciate sake. Also, he's in his 70's and quite ill with cancer and maybe spreading his wealth a bit. I had a couple glasses from a bottle he had opened and.....ya, very nice stuff. Oh, and he has a very hot young wife...yowsa!!

I had a very GOOD day today. :wave:

IMG_0159_zps0b9465f2.jpg

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sake is just like water flavoured with the gift of life. Have it cold, but never on the rocks, the melt would corrupt the taste.

on an oishii program, they just say oishii all the time. Anybody could do that.

I'd like for one person to just screw their face up and bellow....."SHITE!!"