• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok this is going to be harsh but here goes.   Ippy Tommy Australia is not my responsibility in an Internet forum. I'm more than happy to share lines with people if I meet and ride with them. A rope

I can't claim to know as many patrol/rescue people at Niseko as GN no doubt does, but since a long gondola ride with one patroller several years ago (after which I stopped ducking ropes) I take every

I do not hold any view to protect any line. This Forum is used as an information gateway for many holiday makers which tend to be in the mid range level. I have met many SJ people and I'm not trying t

Yeah I think they should put warnings and pictures on your lift pass to show you what can happen if you go outside the boundaries.

Who gives a shit what its called or if a few skiers or boarders die I reckon there is too many anyway

And everybody should pay double the price for lift tix so Ippy won't ignore the 7-foot high fence. Right!

:doh:

I tell you what, next year i wont be there, so im sure no one will be ducking ropes. Itll be fine! you can pull the fences down lads! So long as no one says "slackcountry", we're good!

We've done this dance so many times, so let me just save us both the arguments and just post a representation of what i would write and you can imagine how its going:

:typing: :typing: :typing: :typing:

:veryangry:

:naughty:

:typing: :typing: :typing: :typing: :horse:

:offtopic:

:wavey:

Yeah I think they should put warnings and pictures on your lift pass to show you what can happen if you go outside the boundaries.

Who gives a shit what its called or if a few skiers or boarders die I reckon there is too many anyway

Bit like the Aussie smokes packets?

They believe that the plain "drab olive green" packaging with the horrid pictures will reduce the smoking uptake within teens by 10-15%.

I've got to admit that the packaging doesn't make you want to put anything from those boxes near your mouth.

On the topic of ducking ropes, possibly photos of people who got into trouble skiing out of bounds would actually put people off skiing all together...

• 1 month later...

An interesting read for sure.

What interests me is how resorts have such varied policies on this subject. No wonder some people are confused.

Though what happened at the end there with the ciggies?!

Somebody suggested perhaps resorts post pics of dangerous features you may encounter in a particular area, then someone suggested posting pics of people post accident to discourage people going they an area.....like they do on ciggie packs in Oz. the packs have pics of cancerous lungs etc on the front of them