Hello all,

Myself and 10 other crazy people are flying into CTS for a snowboarding adventure at Niseko. Having that many people, I'd imagine its easier (maybe cheaper?) to just get a local hire on a small bus. Any recommendations?

We all arrive in CTS on 26 Jan around 17:00, if that makes a difference.

thank you in advance,

And you there is no hassle about missing turn offs or driving on snowy roads.

Leave it to the professionals.

Vehicle rental is really not necessary if you plan to be based in one place, particularly in Niseko.

I think what the OP is wanting is a private hire mini-bus.....not to hire a bus themselves and drive it. I chartered a bus in April for 23 people to be picked up at Narita and dropped off at their hotel in Kanagawa, much cheaper than them getting on the official shuttle services, worked out just over 2000 a head and it was door to door. BUT I don't have a clue about Hokkaido.

I thhink Narita to daFuj is 1hr 30mins.

CTS to Niseko carpark is 3hrs with a weewee stop.

Taking a 10 person hired bus would cost 45,000 Yen whereas the Donan would be 2,500 per person.

That is a handsome saving of 10 cans of Seicomart beer per person.

Its more about 2- 2.5 hours but yeah, like I said I don't have a clue about Hokkaido.....it may be cheaper it may not be. The point being that I think he was looking to charter a bus, not to get a vehicle from a rental car company

If cost is not a consideration it may be worth looking at a private charter bus then.

We did a quick trip with 6 of us and wanted to maximize every minute last year (5 days on snow), and booked a private transfer.

Was awesome...little man with a 'Mamabear' sign waiting for us at Shin Chitose, immediate departure, quick travel time and a wee wee stop on OUR schedule, not waiting for the stragglers oohing and aaahing over the new and unfamiliar store items.

Drop off at the door of our hotel. LUXURY!

I think we used Skybus.

one time at the weewee stop, I was so smashed, I got back onto the wrong bus. Only noticed when all the school kids came piling in and it started moving. I have to shout for the driverer to stop and legged it off the bus. I'm sure they thought I was a thief or something.

Chuo buses all look a like.

one time at the weewee stop, I was so smashed, I got back onto the wrong bus. Only noticed when all the school kids came piling in and it started moving. I have to shout for the driverer to stop and legged it off the bus. I'm sure they thought I was a thief or something.

Chuo buses all look a like.

Jimmy Saville

Its more about 2- 2.5 hours but yeah, like I said I don't have a clue about Hokkaido.....it may be cheaper it may not be. The point being that I think he was looking to charter a bus, not to get a vehicle from a rental car company

Yes, we were looking for a way to get the whole group from CTS to our lodging. Google did have a lot of information, just looking to see what others had done/experienced and/or recommended.

Thanks for all the help!