Furano vs kamui ski link:which is not challenging

I was at Furano yesterday. Only one or 2 course were open. I found it quite challenging even for the green line just after you get off the gondola. It's Kamui ski link, the same or easier?

I found Furano quite steep for my skills level. I learnt skiing on my own. I found Tomamu green lines easier. Someone comment, please. Thanks! :-)

Kamui is fine. Stay on the Crystal course and if you're feeling a little more confident try the big open wide course over on the right. It's a little steeper but wide so you can criss-cross back and forth.

Thanks,Chriselle, actually I wanted to take some lessons, but it's expensive bro. It easily cost ¥5000 our more just for 2 hours. I took one 2 hour lesion at N. Village last year for snow board, this year I've forgotten all.

head to nagano. Ill teach anyone. I dont care, ill be like your dad teaching you a tonne of bad habits. My only requirement is that you can actually get up when youre sat on your ass. I tried teaching a dude who just under no account could pull himself up when he was facing down the mountain. It was easily the most torturous day ive spent on a snowboard. I literally spent it sitting down for twenty minutes, getting about ten feet, then sitting down for ten minutes. I dont know what it was, but he just could not pull himself up. I even tried turning him around onto his toe edge and he wouldnt do it. Absolutely insane. I just assumed people couldnt mentally fail at that point. It taught me not to assume anything teaching someone to snowboard.

Actually for me I had one ski lessons 13 years ago when I first came to Japan, that was it after that I just skied until I got better and better. I find any green course piss easy, and have no problem hitting the advanced courses on every ski-jo that I have been to.

No need for an instructor, unless your absolutely and totally crap and just can't get going, or you are in a mad rush to get really good real quickly or you plan on entering competitions where perfect form is required!!!

It will come to you, the more you practice the better you will become!

Main thing with beginners is to relax, once you relax your balance will improve and then so will your sking / boarding ability!!

L plus 1. You have comfort zone. Stick inside it and youll never progress. I remember my first day looking up togari and actually saying to one of my mates, by the end of our trip (2 and a half days - thanks JTB!) we should try riding that... only to realise thirty seconds later that this was the easiest slope in the area and we'd be riding it pretty much for all 2 and half days. It pushed us into snowboarding or going home. So we learned to snowboard on slopes we all considered out of our level a bit.

I dont know what your level is or where you are, but if youre worried about green runs, then i assume youre still trying to work to throw out your first turns. Or trying to cope with speed. In the first case, just spend a half day running garlands on your toe and heel edge and teasing the board slowly towards the fall line. Sounds complex but just go look anywhere on line for an illustration of a garland. Itll make sense.

If its the speed thing its also really easy to counter. Go across the mountain and try and avoid dropping too heavily into the fall line. If you feel uncomfortable about committing to the turn, just go back a step and keep working on garlands. Garlands arent just a pointless step in learning to link your turns, theyre a fundamental component in you getting to grips (literally_) with your edge. Practice these and youll not only be practicing the essential braking maneuver once you come out of the fall line (the skidded turn), but it will also help you get comfortable with a little more speed each time before you stop. It honestly sounds like youre having trouble with stopping and controlling your speed, so step back a bit, go practice garlands a bit and then youll find your turns feel a little more in control.

ETA: oops, just read the OP properly to see what level you were and noticed the fun part about "Skiing". Doh. Still, great advice (says i!) to anyone trying to link turns or feeling problems once theyve started linking turns with control so i aint deleting it :p

I was at Furano yesterday. Only one or 2 course were open. I found it quite challenging even for the green line just after you get off the gondola. It's Kamui ski link, the same or easier?

I found Furano quite steep for my skills level. I learnt skiing on my own. I found Tomamu green lines easier. Someone comment, please. Thanks! :-)

Do you mean the gondola on the Kitanomine side, as that's definitely steeper (and narrower - which was always more scarier for me when i was learning) than the slopes either side of the Furano ropeway? If it helps, Kamui will be less crowded than Furano, not that Furano is ever that bad.

head to nagano. Ill teach anyone. I dont care, ill be like your dad teaching you a tonne of bad habits. My only requirement is that you can actually get up when youre sat on your ass. I tried teaching a dude who just under no account could pull himself up when he was facing down the mountain. It was easily the most torturous day ive spent on a snowboard. I literally spent it sitting down for twenty minutes, getting about ten feet, then sitting down for ten minutes. I dont know what it was, but he just could not pull himself up. I even tried turning him around onto his toe edge and he wouldnt do it. Absolutely insane. I just assumed people couldnt mentally fail at that point. It taught me not to assume anything teaching someone to snowboard.

A ski pole is your best friend in the world. Some people take longer to learn how to get up. With a pole they still learn (is a matter of controlling your center of gravity which they improve whether they are using a stick to help themselves) but they can use all that wasted energy to go wee! down the mountain.

A ski pole is your best friend in the world. Some people take longer to learn how to get up. With a pole they still learn (is a matter of controlling your center of gravity which they improve whether they are using a stick to help themselves) but they can use all that wasted energy to go wee! down the mountain.

Whats a ski pole?

A pole that the skiers use. Our are you trying to be cheeky, like your thing? Ha ha...

@Ippy, I'll take a rain check on that ;-)

BTW, I am reading a book on how to board. It's called, Go snowboard. It recommended b pressure control but after I was taught by a jap guy, it's all different

Snow boarding and skiing just take time. Using video to see what you look like and lots of image training is very important. I'm an expert kayaker and when I teach students how to roll I use a lot of visualization as learning the technique is almost entirely what you picture in your mind combined with a few simple steps. So...get a buddy to video you.....it goes a LONG way...IMO.

Oh and the pole is for me to whack you boarders who have permanent blinders on. :angry: