I have a season pass for Kamui, so most of my trip reports will be from there.

Thursday and Friday saw gale force winds and driving snow here in central Hokkaido which resulted in good conditions for Saturday morning at Kamui. There were wind affected areas but the powder stashes were deep (if slightly heavy).

第5lift opened on Sat morning so we decided to hit the back bowl, but seeing that no one had been down there before us, we got a little lost and had to trek out through the pow. It was hard work, but worth it for the sheer ecstasy of the bowl.

Hokkaido locals went to bed Saturday night and awoke to another 20 odd cm of fresh light pow on Sunday morning. While the locals in my town were begrudgingly shoveling it away, I hauled ass to Kamui at got one of the first gondolas up. The freshies were all-time, and my Japanese buddy and I were giggling like school girls for the majority of the day.

By the end of the day, the wind at the top was howling and visibility was diminishing, so we called it a day at about 2.30 and headed home.

9-3 on Sat and 9-2.30 on Sun and my legs are like jelly. Hokkaido turned it on for us and we loved every second.

Shout out to Mag Seven for the runs.

Andy.

Don't let good natured banter deter you from submitting more vids Andy - The one you submitted above was well put together.

They's only picking on you cause your a snowboarder ;) :stir:

Oh right.

Skiers vs Snowboarders thing?

Cool. I'm sure skiing is more fun than it looks...

I might zip down tonight after work for a nighter... Nah stuff it, the gradient is too gentle.

Hey @Tokyo, how's the night skiing scene down in Tokyo?

That has nothing to do with the boarding vs skiing thing....more the hokkaido (all of it flat) vs the Honshu steeps. All that silliness aside....you win for just being able to get out. Nice vid...