Hows it going out there this weekend (8th december)

Just wondering. Contemplating nozawa tomorrow, but all the daily reports were a bit too early before the wind picked up. I guess the question is, has the wind picked up yet? Is it coming? Were the numbers off? Anyone got any insider gossip on nagano/niigata thatll help me figure this one out? Also, is it snowing properly yet?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here was a clip of my weekend!   http://www.sj.snowjapan.tv/videos/711/pow-day-dec-9th-happo/

just had a look, webcams are showing whiteout pretty much. Cant really tell how nasty it is out there. Snow definitely down to village level at hakuba and myoko. And kagura looks busy as hell...

hehe, wasnt thinking of heading to myoko. Ill probably pick up my season pass if i can for nozawa tomorrow if i head there. Might as well make a start on the savings. :)

Just saw the webcam for it, its looking surprisingly clear. I have a feeling it would have been an alright day out there for those that went. I might have made the wrong choice on sunday if it has been delayed.

yeah, its not really complaining about the weather so much or the reports, but trying to find out what the actual conditions are currently and whether its starting to change and so correspond to the predictions. It seems like its maybe not. So the big question is whether it looks like that storm is even coming? Probably ill get a clearer idea tonight and maybe tomorrow morning. But no harm in finding some early info.

It is just about starting or trying to start snowing here now.

Wet snow.

Local forecast says 15-20cm expected and 30-40cm in Myoko.

Curiously more to the north.

Satoyuki (on the plains) by the sounds.

OK snowing properly now and getting windier.

Yuzawa IC webcam looks calm still (from 10 minutes ago?) and so coming in from the north....

My bike season may well be over. If not snow on the ground icy. I'm either going to have to eat less or find ways to burn calories. Wonder what I could do?! :confused:

My bike season may well be over. If not snow on the ground icy. I'm either going to have to eat less or find ways to burn calories. Wonder what I could do?! :confused:

Perhaps you could attach some sort of sliders or runners to your feet, that you could use to navigate the snowy terrain.

Who knows, might even be fun!

Around the mountains and high ground here in Yamanashi its puking it down but looks like the snow clouds have got stuck as it has been half cloudy with a strong wind and thats about it here in Kofu area.

my mate in gifu, who should be posting on this damn site himself, says its snowing and super windy down his end at the moment (well an hour or so ago). So maybe the storm has actually popped to the southern alps rather than come for the nagano area itself. I hope. Maybe. We have snow, but no winds it seems, id love it to continue exactly like that, thanks. :)

On my way home from Kagura now.....today the winds didn't materialise, was calm all day. About 9.30am snow started to fall and lasted most of the day until about 3pm. Then as we were heading to the onsen about 4.30, it started snowing again, by time we were out it was coming down pretty hard BUT when we got down to town level it was rain. Good first day on the snow, was pretty mobbed. All the good runs aren't accessible yet......hopefully after this storm those great tree runs will open up. Slopes were fast and bumpy, but the snow did put a nice little layer over the top and the afternoon in Tashiro was very enjoyable with a few side pockets of soft n fluffy pow slashes

annnnnnnnd, train for the train to nozzie in twenty five minutes, i think ive been kerosene fumed up to my eyeballs - i think im gonna puke... hows it gannin?