Another update to my original forecast! It has been a difficult one to predict this year as everything was late and changing.

Things that indicate a severe winter is on its way have appeared over the past few weeks, that is why the update, although the weather MAY be up and down at times, there will be periods of extreme cold and extremely heavy spells of snow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another update to my original forecast! It has been a difficult one to predict this year as everything was late and changing.   Things that indicate a severe winter is on its way have appeared over

JMA predicting cooler than average for Dec mid Honshu down and a bit warmer in Hokkaido. They are prediciting similar for Jan and Feb but more than month out is really getting into crystal ball stuff.

You know what snowdude, I think you are right. We shouldn't let facts blur our vision of the truth. Listening to facts is for weaklings who can't fabricate their own evidence. Guys like you and me,

although the weather MAY be up and down at times, there will be periods of extreme cold and extremely heavy spells of snow.

So pretty much like every winter ever experienced in recorded history in Japan! Thanks for that deep insight snowdude!! :sj-lol:

JMA predicting cooler than average for Dec mid Honshu down and a bit warmer in Hokkaido. They are prediciting similar for Jan and Feb but more than month out is really getting into crystal ball stuff. Funny how your forecast snowdude coincides almost perfectly with the updated forecast from JMA. And here I was under the impression that you believed JMA to be part of the global warmist conspiracy! And here they are predicting cooler than ave temps!! I seem to remember you once claiming they never did that anymore! :lol:

temp-11.png

• Like 1

After literally minutes of careful consideration and consultation with my charts, tea leaves and jellyfish, I would like to offer my forecast. Not entirely dissimilar to snowdudes, but more perhaps more stick neck out risky.

Things that indicate a severe winter is on its way have appeared over the past few weeks, that is why the update, although the weatherWILL DEFINITELY be up and down at times, there will be prolonged periods of extreme cold and extremely heavy spasms of snow.

I will stand by my prediction, but please do not make any specific plans based on these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, what happened to the extremely cold winter?

I just was looking through photos last night, in untouched areas we have less than 2/3 the amount of snow of last year, more like half. And that's a big difference.

Really hasn't got going in style at all this time.

I feel very :grandpa: about it all.

I dont know what youre talking about muika! its snowing right now outside my house. #allthewrongfekkinplaces

Actually, hows it looking up there today? Supposed to be a decent day for it.

Completely useless light snow at the moment.

Actually no that has stopped.

It's just not cold.

Since the beginning of the season I have only ONCE had to go out and do some decent yuki-oroshi.

Don't know abour oroshi.... more like osoroshii!

Interesting! Snow where you are is pretty useless though hey, I guess.

Obviously, disclaimer, I'm talking about this part of Niigata.

I wouldn't presume to report on conditions elsewhere, not being there. ;)

Its properly coming down out there right now. Temps are getting colder if anything. Visibility has dropped to around 100m. This is honestly the heaviest ive seen it fall down our end this year. I mean it might be short lived, and its probably been heavier at night, but daytime this is the heaviest ive seen it, it looks like sheet rain :) Went out and had a lookie, still seems a bit wet, be we are at 350m. Higher up it might be better quality.