SJ - heard anything from resorts about patrol "incidents"?

• SnowJapan Admin

Not directly no, but we've heard a few things down the grapevine about the "image" of foreigners being increasingly one of "troublemakers" at a couple of resorts. (Please note those are their words - not ours of course) \:\(

In another case recently one other resort was not too receptive to us when we asked them about foreigners on their slopes, and any opinions they had on the market, etc. Whether that has anything to do with any incidents on their hills we are not too sure.

Go back through the forum a few months and check out threads on patrol ect and you'll see that unfortunatly we do have quite a few clowns out there who do very little for the image of forieners on the slopes. Thres no need to name names they are easy to spot.

peaker, you mealymouthed fa'er, surely you don't mean me??

So, this is just a problem of a few foreigners spoiling it for everyone else is it? Got nothing to do with completely backward thinking on the part of resorts, a complete absence of rational SOPs for patrols, and maybe a little dose of racial profiling?

peaker, when are you going to stop saying exactly the same thing, over and over, without anything to back up what you say? Or are you just having a bit of fun trying to wind people up?

Please Please Pleeeeease can a Canadian/US/Australian/NZ company purchase one of the Japanese ski resorts ( preferably one of te good ones ;\) ) and maybe we can get some new management with enlightnened views of skiing/snowboarding......yes I know dreams are free :rolleyes:

but Vail resorts...Japan is your hook up hollah if ya hear us

If we really did have the money, would forgners be able to purchace one? or would one of us have to marry a japanese lady? (I'm pretty sure I know an aussie who married just to stay and run his business here)

Quote:
Originally posted by SKI:
Can you even begin to imagine the sums of money or the operation involved you are talking about here???
Totally off-tangent from the overall thread, but actually some foreign firms have been buying up Japanese resort properties lately, since value has gone down so much the past few years:

"Texas fund gains Japan hotel and golf firm"
http://www.iht.com/articles/83816.html

hey, anyone here working at an investment bank?!
-peace

No, but my girlfriend works for the Japanese subsidiary (Hudson Japan) of that Texas company that Montoya mentioned.

Evidently they have been buying all sorts of properties (mainly golf courses) and businesses all over Japan.

Unfortunately, no ski resorts yet, but who knows, maybe they have their eyes on the Hakuba area. God knows they have the money.

Sorry, once again, off topic.