Hey guys.

I got down to Sapporo Kokusai this last weekend for some fun before my local Kamui opens.

On the Saturday, I went by myself. There weren't many people there because there was a tickertape parade being held in Sapporo for the Nipponham fighters baseball team.

Sunday, I met with some Japanese friends and rode all day. There were a lot more people there, and the queues into the gondola were long. Thankfully the gondola moves through people really fast so the longest we had to wait was probably only 5 minutes.

I made a short video. It's not great, but it was my first time trying out my new go pro.

Hopefully I can improve my go pro handling skills and make some better videos as the season progresses!

Yoroshiku!

Andy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQPyArc4pU

It was the first weekend they were open for the season, and it was a long weekend. Nothing else in the area is open yet. I dare say that as winter progresses, crowds will be less of a problem.

Don't let that turn you off.

It's nothing like a busy day at Kawaba or something.

Haha I didnt read that out loud before I posted it!

How long is your pole gozaimaas the one I bought extends to 1500

seemore

I think this thread is about to get an 'R' rating is you guys are going to keep talking about the length of your poles (mine is also 1500, as long as you use the widest angle setting it will be fine)

1500 sounds like heaps. (With my tongue firmly in my cheek) I will measure mine tonight.

I mount mine upside down and set the gopro to upside down mode, 720p and one touch mode. I also space the gopro down as far as I can from the pole with all the little links and I get shots like this

vlcsnap-2012-01-27-20h30m24s113.png

Yeah my pole is actually a monopod for DSLR cameras.

It telescopes from about 300mm to 1300mm.

I just bought the Go Pro tripod fitting and it just screws on.

I saw some chap at Sapporo Kokusai last weekend with a pole that he'd made out of bits of bracing metal and nuts and bolts that he'd clearly bought at a home depot. It looked like the bastard child of a mechano set and a optimus prime.

It looked heavy and dangerous if it were to swing up and hit you in the face, or you were to fall on it.

I like my set up. It's light and telescopes nicey.

I hope to integrate footage from my DSLR with footage from my Go Pro to make some better films over the winter. The DSLR gets the nice bokeh out of focus backgrounds and focus pulls that the go pro cant.

Hey Andy, show us a picture of your stuff, I like to see what's like. Hmm... not you but most videos that I saw looks like people holding on to a stick/pole and the background changes while they are stable. You can't see the background and environment much, just seeing the guy "dancing" around and the video looking into his face. :lol: :) I might do that someday after I can edge and wedge with confidence. Maybe with a 155cm board. :D

Tubby, I wouldn't recommend you to buy things from Amazon, many of their products are at premium prices. Put in some effort into looking for your goods and trusted website, you'll be fine.

To everyone, Which is better? Sapporo Kokusai or Teine? For beginners, in terms of value, rentals, tickets, least crowded? Feedback everyone, thanks :)