Anyone ever get to this place, in Katashina, Gunma?

I see sadly they are reduced to just one lift this coming season.

It looks like it used to be possibly worth a visit, but perhaps not now.

What happened? Was it any good when it was fully open?

Wiki shows some past story but not updated with the latest "down to 1 lift" bit.

• 1994年 - 12月、ゴルフ場経営の昭和総合開発株式会社と地元片品村、片品村農協などの出資で設立された第三セクター、尾瀬高原リゾート株式会社により開業。初年度の入り込み数は15万人。
  • 1999年 - 10月、親会社の昭和総合開発株式会社が和議を申請。尾瀬高原リゾートも入場者数低迷や債務のため経営難。このシーズンの営業を自ら行える状態になく、運営をスポーティング・マネジメント社(現ホテル&リゾートマネジメント社。奥利根スノーパーク(旧称水上奥利根スキー場)などを経営する鈴木商会グループ)に委託。
  • 2000年 - スポーティング・マネジメント社が撤退。片品村振興公社に業務委託。
  • 2002年 - 11月、尾瀬高原リゾートが民事再生を申請。
  • 2003年 - 9月、尾瀬高原リゾートが破産宣告を受ける。このシーズンから、サエラの運営請負のため設立された新会社、さくらリゾート株式会社に運営を委託する。
  • 2004年 - さくらリゾートがサエラの譲渡を受ける。
  • 2008年 - 2008-2009シーズンからノースウィングは上部第3ペアリフトのみの運行となった。
  • 2010年 - 2010-2011シーズンはノースウィング全体が営業されなかった。
  • 2011年 - 2011-2012シーズンから再びノースウィングは第3ペアリフトのみの運行となった。

ノースウィングには第2クワッドリフト・第3ペアリフトの2本のリフトと4本のコースがあるが、2008-2009シーズンより縮小運営されるようになっている。第3ペアリフトのみ運行されているが、2010-2011シーズンはノースウィングそのものが営業されなかった。なお、ノースウィングが縮小営業されるようになった頃から、サウスウィングのギャラクシーコース前半部分(シューティングへの分岐までの箇所)が、なぜか、パノラマというコース名で呼ばれるようになり、サウスウィングのコース数が(数の上では)1つ増えた。

Never been there but always noticed the signs when I have been to Oze and to Marunuma.

Nearly drove up to have a look when I was in Nikko the other week but decided not to was too tired.

I have always been curious to go, but if it's just one slope now I won't be going. A shame it has shrunk so much, probably will shrivel up into nothing soon.

Oh dear, one lift, one beginner-level course. They should rename themselves Ca et La Family Snow Park.

Except, they have also apparently installed a bag jump?? What kind of strategy is that?

Is the bunny-slope-and-big-air demographic the next big thing?

I knew they were cutting off the north part but just the one lift. Yikes that place is seriously small and uninteresting now.

I went a number of years back when it was fully open and had a good day actually, some decent runs.

Sad to hear this.