How difficult is Kurodake & Asahidake for Beginner boarders?

not many people been up to Hakkoda probably. Although there are a couple of guys who live there.....I'm sure they'll pipe up when they log in. I'd like to go to Hakkoda, a couple of my mates are doing a Tohoku road trip over new year and intend to end up in Hakkoda. I've heard though that it can be quite dangerous if you don't know where you are going. The official run are only vaguely marked and its easy to veer off and end up neck deep in it. Also that its not worth it for the official runs, all the goods that hakkoda has is off the side n back. Like I said, I haven't been but it sure sounds ace

if you want to fnd some stuff on Hakkoda, just type it in the search box above. It'll give you threads like this:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/22014-some-people-say-that-hakkoda-is-flat-and-boring/page__hl__hakkoda__fromsearch__1

As far as I know, there are no grapes for Hakkoda.

• 2 weeks later...

I am ashamed to say that I have not been up to Hakkoda yet. You need at least 200cm of base before you can stay away from the marked courses, and being as retarded as I can be I tend to forget my own advice :\ I'll be there this Sunday to pick up my season pass :D

Besides the obvious dangers (poles set a ten meters appart when visivility trops to 6 meters) you would enjoy the mountain a lot more if you find a local to show you around. If somebody from here is coming I would be happy to met up. I can always use an excuse to go.