How many times will you ski or slide this season?

I would love to be close enough to a hill to warrant buying a season pass....especially a nighta pass. Screw going to the gym or out running or riding this silly Orbitrek thingy my wife wasted 40,000 yen on.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, that gets me thinking Chriselle.

It would be good to have some regular evening exercise like that.

I might have to check the places nearby and see if they have any attractive offers for Minamiuonumans.

:)

i have no idea how you people can pull yourself out of bed every day for snow. After three days in a row im sick of it unless im changing resort. Im putting it down to tying my zoom force 1s. God i hate putting them on and taking them off. Lucky for me their starting to lose some of their hold and i felt a bit of heel lift creeping in towards the end of last season so maybe ill pick up something easier to put on and lightweight.
Heresy!

Heresy I say!!!

Now I'll admit the Zoomers require a fair bit of effort to put on and do up, but then you just leave 'em like that all day.

I'm all for a day off every now and again, but caving after three days in a row is lightweight!!

If ya getting bored you doin' it wrong. ;)

The longest I've been in the snow in a row has been a month, I had two days off.

One stuck in bed with a hangover, the other I opted for a slow start and never got going.

:lol: tubby!!

I may be in the same boat when I get to the snow this time, having been bed bound for a couple of weeks - I need to get back to my personal trainer ASAP. Doing some serious physical prep before you go makes all the difference.

I worked hard before our trip to Europe in Janaury, we were there for 3 weeks. We had one day snowed off and snowed in in Zermatt, one transit day going to Grindlewald (got back in time for a slide on return), one transit day going to Chamonix (did the return by taxi at night) and the rest of the trip was on the slopes from nigh on opening to thereabouts of closing. I was the only one of our group NOT to beg off early at any stage, or to complain of being tired and sore. It was so worth the investment in my own strength and fitness.

i have no idea how you people can pull yourself out of bed every day for snow. After three days in a row im sick of it unless im changing resort. Im putting it down to tying my zoom force 1s. God i hate putting them on and taking them off. Lucky for me their starting to lose some of their hold and i felt a bit of heel lift creeping in towards the end of last season so maybe ill pick up something easier to put on and lightweight.

you are lazy.

Come to think of it, that gets me thinking Chriselle.

It would be good to have some regular evening exercise like that.

I might have to check the places nearby and see if they have any attractive offers for Minamiuonumans.

I did that when I was in Rumoi..I had a season nighta pass and I'd go just for a few hours 3 or 4 times a week. The other nights I was in Asahikawa either playing hockey on my team or coaching the jr hockey team. Man, I was busy compared to now....so lazy these days.. :shifty:

I have to admit though....going out everyday, all day would pretty much kill me after a week or so straight.

But doesn't this all depend how you ski as well? When I go out for a day....I DO NOT stop except for a quick coffee at around 10 and a very brief lunch at about 1 after the rush. Other than that...it's first tracks and last tracks for me. Maybe if I had a season pass I'd chill a bit.

That's right much less choice.

I have just checked. Joetsu Kokusai and Ishiuchi Maruyama are the main ones in the area, but don't have nighta season tickets and it's 1500-2000 yen territory per go.

Yuzawa is a bit too far.

But.

Maiko this season are doing nighta for just 500 yen which makes the cost almost a non issue.

http://www.snowjapan...now-resort.html

It's just 1 quad lift and an easy course, but for a bit of midweek exercise on an evening with good snow conditions.... I might just give that a go some days.

I would think that living and working within a 20 minute drive to a ski resort with a good nighta would be AWESOME.

Being able to use the ski hill as your treadmill would make me smile :D

Yeah, it would depend on how hard you go as to how long you can go.

And how many days you have also influences your choices about how hard you go.

If you have a day, then it's first opportunity on the lift and you get off when the liftie tells you to buggar off, a couple of choc bars and a bottle of water from the vendy when you stop to pee - no lunch breaks at all .... Go hard!

If you have a week or more you can be more discriminating - epic conditions, then go hard...the next day you can sleep in and get just an easy few hours of turns in. If its foul weather you can call it, and go back out of it clears a bit during nighta. I love season passes and long stays.

I believe Mr Granview has nighta over New Year but apart from that it's by reservations only.

Not sure how much it is, they don't publicise it. Must be just too expensive for most people to afford. This is Mt Granview, after all.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi joshnii

The mighty Mt Granview is on the site, but listed under it's previous name.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/resortdetail.php?resid=247

Cannot change it now as but all of these issues will soon be a thing of the past when we unveil our new very shiny updates.

Cannot wait!

• SnowJapan Admin

Funny you should mention that, Tubby. I was just checking on some of those details just a short whole ago so just the info.

They have nighta in the Olympia Zone, from 1st December until 31st March, 4pm until 9pm.

Just 2 courses (520m and 300m) and the 'Hit Park'.

1800 yen.

Apparently.

:friend: