• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, guys.

Did the dog not ski, MO?

Sadly, no. Pretty gnarly hiker, though.

Thanks Metabo.

Good to hear they are busy, pity about the main numbers.

I can't remember was last year decent, people stay away or actually go to show support?

Some people stayed away, some went to show support. In the end last year ended up at about 93% of 2009/2010's numbers, if I recall what I heard correctly.

Thanks, folks.

As for where is next, good question. Actually, the bigger question is when next. If I can manage to sneak out again some time before too late in the season, I'd like to to check out Numajiri or Minowa, which I've never been to yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you picked a good day for it, weatherwise. Should actually get a view, especially in the afternoon.

If you manage to check out that upper-left course (Amanoniwa, the one you have to traverse from the top Minero-side lift to reach, #5 on the map), I'd be interested to see what it looks like when one can, you know, actually see it.

Here are a few pix from my day out at Inawashiro. It was good to check out a new resort/prefecture and although the weather wasn't as clear as I'd hoped for, the snow was good, especially in the trees! :D Would definitely go there again! :thumbsup:

Early morning at the base of the Center Area - no sign of the lake yet.

gallery_10495_19_2332700.jpg

First lift of the day - Hayama Family No.3 - heading up the Center Area with Minero on the right.

gallery_10495_19_1836084.jpg

Hayama Lift No.1

gallery_10495_19_706993.jpg

Mogul field at the top of the Minero Area

gallery_10495_19_1023114.jpg

The lake finally puts in an appearance - view from the top of the Hayama Lift No.6

gallery_10495_19_591859.jpg

Late-afternoon sunshine, by which time I'd already had an onsen!

gallery_10495_19_2187386.jpg

Yeah, fair comment though the only place I had to unstrap and skate was the top traverse from Minero back to the Center/Chuo Area. Most of these pix are of the latter, which is definitely a good area for beginners and intermediates to hone their skills, especially on the lower slopes. As you'd expect, it gets a bit steeper higher up but moguls aside, there's nothing too challenging there either. Not that any of this was a problem however, as for me it was all about the trees! :D

In the trees....oooohhhhhh!! Patrol don't like you in there up there! I got chased thru them, by a patroller blowing on his whistle....he was a nice guy though and told me the trees were "da-me" but that i could ride under the lift no probs

Yeah, I'd read your resort review (thanks for that) and others too so, forewarned being forearmed, I managed to avoid whistles all day. I did however, get very paranoid as I kept seeing patrol all over the resort and I was the only one putting down lines in the trees or under the lift lines! :shifty: On my last run I therefore did 2 disused lift lines and then legged it to the onsen! :D

Thanks for the pics, Mick! Nice to see what it looks with better visibility. Any pics of/from the Amanoniwa course?

I generally prefer the Minero side, myself. (But I don't do trees, being the designated driver.)

Though the Chuo side is more photogenic.

Where did you hit the onsen?