I have skiied in Slovenia - it's about on a par with oz conditions only the scenery is more dramatic.

Slovakia has good skiing also in the High Tatra's

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PB and baby Bearcub are in Russia at the moment (Ufa), BoredRider I was expecting ugly, because that's what my Russian mate told me to expect, but I think it is actually charming!!   Caveat: I'm o

Dubai ! For the novelty of snowboarding in the desert and all the touristy extras eg

driving a race car. (I know you can do it here but it looks so much better there)

I get the feeling that the driving the race car would be more fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Breck is a great town with an awesome atmosphere. It's an old mining town and has the longest operating saloon (Gold Pan) west of the Mississippi River. Vail and Copper are great mountains to ride. However, they both have a fake village an a "manufactured" atmosphere. Breck is the real deal. I prefer riding at Vail or Copper over Breck, but if you're looking for both snow & nightlife then go to Breck! I stay in Breck and go riding at Copper a lot.

Bucket List : the back bowls of Vail

• 1 month later...

The most beautiful ski area in the world is the Italian Dolomites. A MUST on any bucket list. The experience of skiing from town to town on a different journey every day you are there should be on everyone's bucket list. And the mountain restaurants and schnapps bars adds to the appeal.

In the US Snowbird is list worthy...............

PB and baby Bearcub are in Russia at the moment (Ufa), BoredRider

I was expecting ugly, because that's what my Russian mate told me to expect, but I think it is actually charming!!

Caveat: I'm only seeing it through the eyes of the photos PB is sending home.

553165_10200197498373934_157715722_n.jpg

164465_10200188147220161_1656316760_n.jpg

It just confirms to me that there are SO MANY places I still want to see and go - many that are not on my list yet ;)

(SJ: I haven't uploaded these pics to my album, they are from Russia - do you want Russian shots bogging up your hard drive? If so, I can upload.)

• Like 1

:lol:

That's what I said when I saw the pic! Looks like a Disney Castle!

This is Ufa, Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ufa

In the Bashkir region. I don't know a lot about Russia, and not surprised as it is very hard to acquire the visa to go!!

PB has been twice in the last year - once to Moscow and Moscow Region for Water Polo, and this time to Moscow and Ufa for the International Children's Winter Games (with 13yo cub). 15yo cubs coach is Russian so we hear lots of stories - just makes me want to go more!!

I found it interesting that the entire resort is drag lifts!

The ones in the pics he has sent are all solid pole solo rider drag lifts (I call them Poma's but know that's a brand and maybe some other company made these ones...). I can't imagine drag lifts cutting it in Japan - there would be days where you were dragged through the snow up at chin height!!!

What I'd really like to do is go to Sochi for the Winter Olympics!

Anyone else up for a Winter Olympics trip?