The most famous of Japan winter snow icons - the Emergency Telephone Box 12/13 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first snow of the season has been spotted on the totally world famous, iconic and absolutely brilliant 'Emergency Telephone Box' in Yuzawa.   It is still snowing wet snow this morning.... all a

I'm not surprised the way it has disappeared from round here.

This season has been very meh all the way through in terms of impressive snowfall, apart from a few short blasts.

Very uncharacteristic though definitely.

Sure does melt away quick.

With Tokyo over 25 degrees already....

Almost summer!

Apart from Hakuba, of course, where its winter for another 3 months

This season:

November: :D

December: :confused:

January: :naughty:

February: :rollabout:

March: :slap:

:lol:

Will be interesting to see if anything can be salvaged from this March.

After last March being pretty good if I remember, it is a bit of a slap across the face this year.

Oh the woes of whether to book in March or not big gamble

Think of all the fun next year though when people start asking about trips to japan at weird times. :) No ones going to have a clue what to say... "well last season sucked, but the season before that (11/12) was great, but the season before that (10/11) february sucked for a while but then exploded (i was only here jan and feb - koreaaaa), and the season before that (9/10)... cant honestly remember... and the season before that sucked massive ass all year (2008/09). Coincidentally the two seasons ive lived in nagano (8/9 and this year) have both sucked ass. But both of them i left the country in April... so you know... It might be alright next season. :)

Pictures like this make me sad. There is still plenty of snow out there, but not much more coming unfortunately. Think we will get any more freak storms?? Don't like meltage!

Look what happened in less than 2 weeks!

Today at 1pm

gallery_4338_85_282842.jpg

gallery_4338_85_117347.jpg