The most famous of Japan winter snow icons - the Emergency Telephone Box 12/13 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

good to see a lot more there now.

More!

I think it just started with SJ-David taking photos of it since however many years back, as the guys were based in Yuzawa.

Made famous by SnowJapan.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first snow of the season has been spotted on the totally world famous, iconic and absolutely brilliant 'Emergency Telephone Box' in Yuzawa.   It is still snowing wet snow this morning.... all a

• SnowJapan Admin

The Box on 9th January 2013

It has been snowing since so hopefully looking a bit better this morning, but we are firmly bunkered down in Minamiuonuma at the moment and so can't get a shot for at least a few days.

gallery_4338_19_83162.jpg

The Box on 9th January 2013

It has been snowing since so hopefully looking a bit better this morning, but we are firmly bunkered down in Minamiuonuma at the moment and so can't get a shot for at least a few days.

gallery_4338_19_83162.jpg

Whats that open face behind it? Im trying to rack my brain for a visual of the area, but cant honstly remember whats there.

• SnowJapan Admin

That's Route 17 there of course, to the left is Minamiuonuma (and closeby Ishiuchi Maruyama) and to the right is Yuzawa (closeby Gala Yuzawa).

That mountain is Iiji-san, and is the mountain separating Maiko Snow Resort and Iwappara.

In fact, it's the very mountain we used in our logo there.

:friend:

snowjapanlogo2011.png

I went past the box today. I should have taken a pic on the way to Iwappara but thought I would on the way back but there were a few workmen trucks there and about 10 people in that little layby so couldn't stop or take a pic. I hope the box is ok.

From what I saw earlier though the box is "openable" again and a fair bit less than the previous photo.

We're still much lower on snow than usual.