The most famous of Japan winter snow icons - the Emergency Telephone Box 12/13 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• SnowJapan Admin

The first snow of the season has been spotted on the totally world famous, iconic and absolutely brilliant 'Emergency Telephone Box' in Yuzawa.

It is still snowing wet snow this morning.... all a bit wet and miserable for photos, and not the best quality sorry, but they need to be posted as a record.

Here we go!

gallery_4338_85_271574.jpg

gallery_4338_85_106138.jpg

gallery_4338_85_22668.jpg

Last seasons thread:

http://www.snowjapan...yuzawa-niigata/

• Like 1
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first snow of the season has been spotted on the totally world famous, iconic and absolutely brilliant 'Emergency Telephone Box' in Yuzawa.   It is still snowing wet snow this morning.... all a

• SnowJapan Admin

And, folks, if you do go to Yuzawa and go past the box and enjoy this silly nonsense ;) , please do take some shots and upload/post here on the site/Forums. Help most appreciated.

It's more difficult now that we are not actually based in Yuzawa!

Woohoo! I actually let out a little scream earlier when I saw the pick. Then had to explain to people in the office the significance of this wondrous event.

Think I am going to be sectioned tomorrow...

And, folks, if you do go to Yuzawa and go past the box and enjoy this silly nonsense ;) , please do take some shots and upload/post here on the site/Forums. Help most appreciated.

It's more difficult now that we are not actually based in Yuzawa!

Where exactly is the phone box? Any chance of getting its location on the member map to help finding it?

Thanks David. Map image saved to phone. Will be sure to get a snap if my travels take me there. Though truthfully I'd rather it be covered and unable to be found.

I cant believe i was that close to the place every time i stayed at that onsen! I always thought it was miles away. I could have got an iconic photo :(