hey all,

drew and i are in Tokyo right this very second and we have all day tomorrow and a half day on thrusday we need to suss out the snowboard shops, we know there was a topic on it but we couldnt find it.... we did find a topic with info on Minami but we then found bout 3 Subway stations with that same word in it!

Please help us and poke us in the right direction, were in Ginza so we can pretty much get anywhere (if its on some from of train)

Thanks guys!

ps- well check the forum again tomorrow day sometime so any replys would be fantastic!

Cheers dudes and dudettes!

This was originally posted by mogski;

If you go by the Marunouchi line it is: Awajicho.

If you go by the Mita line it is: Jinbocho.

If you go by the Chiyoda line it is: Shin Ochanomizu.

If you go by JR it is: Ochanomizu

If you go by car it is: Ogawacho.

On this thread;

http://www.skijapanguide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003080#000000

That should get you there...

Have read the previous thread but dont remember it to well..here goes. i was there today.

From Ginza, take the Maranouchi Line towards Ikebukuro and get off at Ochanamizu. Walk left over the bridge and follow that road for about 5-600 metres on the left hand side until you come to 'REDS'. This is the first store. From there follow the same road for 20-30 metres to the intersection. there will be a snowboard store on the left side of the i-section on the "F with a sale on FORUM gear. turn left and follow this road until you get to Shin-ochanamizu station (about a km). there are board shops on both sides of the road.

when you get to the first Minami turn right at the small street (there is a snowbrd 1st then a ski) after the ski shop and the next left. there is a place with cheap stuff everywhere and its quite big. my girlfriend picked up a Tara Dakides board for 21K from 73K.

Get back onto the main road and keep going in the same direction. At the UFJ Bank (maroon) cross the road and head up that street and the there are some shops on both sides for about 60-70 metres aswell.

my advice is to look around quickly, find something you like and try to get as many prices as possible. 73 down to 21 is huge..it depend on the day in that area. most places will do package deals too even if your japanese is poor..'3setto' and pointing at board, bindings, boots will hopefully suffice or if someone can give the correct japanese that would help.

i looked around for quite a while for my G/f's gear and this area was easily the cheapest.

im not sure what youre looking for but if its pants/jacket check out the last store on the right of that road..it has shoes for Y1900 and some ski poles etc. go to the back and up the stairs and they have last years K2 altitude and paradise gear for 23000 plus tax. super dry and warm.

good luck man, enjoy the riding..you picked a good time.

\:\)