Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

I would like to go snowboarding and stay overnight for the long weekend coming up on November 23-25.

Do you know if there is anywhere that I could go from Osaka by bus/tour company that would have decent snow? I don't have a car unfortunately :(

Thanks!

We need a decent drop for the base. Theres scatterings on the 6 day forecast, but unless next week is bringing something proper, im not entirely confident that the holiday weekend is going to deliver round nagano way. We7ve still got a fortnight after that though so fingers crossed.

My advice, for here atleast is to not bank on it, but maybe start doing a snow dance just to help things on if you can.

gary.gif

Why have I suddenly got a craving for some cereal? :wakaranai:

Probably (well perhaps definitely) not worth the effort from Osaka but if you're really desperate to go riding and in the absence of decent snow elsewhere, you could always come to Tokyo for the weekend then pop down to Yeti Snow Town (Shizuoka) or Sayama dome (Saitama) for the day! Desperate's probably the key word there!! ;)

If you can settle for artificial snow, the following seem to be opening in November in Kansai and points south:

Nov. 16:

--Up Kannabe, Hyogo prefecture

--Ikawa Skijo Kanaiyama, Tokushima prefecture

--Utopia Saioto, Hiroshima prefecture

Nov. 18:

--Tenzan, Saga prefecture

lol, ok thanks guys. I won't bother with Yeti then.

I guess I'll wait a bit longer. I'll be out of the country from mid-december, so was hoping to get one session in before that. But I think I'll just wait until I get back in January and hit it hard then