It's been awhile coming down here in the South of Victoria but finally a couple of days of sunny, warm weather. And my daughter is loving it.

8153319087_8d0c2c18b7_c.jpg

8153269418_63ca7653b9_c.jpg

8153398933_edb56cf7dc_c.jpg

8153379507_cebb9b926a_c.jpg

Living by the coast is nice and all but damn I still miss snowy winters! Can't wait to get back to Hokkaido this winter ;)

We've had blistering hot summer and freezing cold mid winter storms in the same week! Even a pile of hail!

Your little girl is growing up so fast GN!

But they do tend to do that.

Yes I :lol: at the emails I am getting in my inbox - bookings filling fast, still a few rare opportunities for bookings...

Creative marketing at its best.

• 3 weeks later...

First day of the summer we exceeded 30 degrees (got to about 31). So it was down to the beach again! Starting to get a little busier with the summer holidays not far off.

8213508136_f686e25e7e_c.jpg

My daughter loving it

8212414043_db23f9bc78_c.jpg

And she met up with a friend from daycare and they had a great time together. Certainly wore her out as she fell asleep a few minutes after leaving the beach.

8213504734_e041d1a82d_c.jpg

We broke the all time heat record for November today in Victoria. Up in the NW of the state they got up to 45.4 degrees. In Melbourne they cracked 39 degrees which may also be an all time Nov record (have to check that). Thankfully down where we are in the south of the state we only got to a much more bearable 33 degrees. Forecast to be much cooler over the coming week with some days forecast not to get over 20. Still if this is any indication of what's to come this summer we're likely to have some really hot days coming. After such a wet winter and spring with associated growth I'm thinking it's also going to be an extreme fire season. Welcome back El Nino!

Do your plants get distressed in those sort of conditions GN?

I presume they are mostly natives but still that is extreme heat for that time of year.

Just come inside, looked at the thermometer @ 10am Daylight Slaving Time and see 34deg already! Should aughta be a law against that sort of temperature! And only 30ish % humidity - plenty of room for growth into a thunderstorm this evening!

The weather person keeps PROMISING the "chance of" a storm! What they forget to say is the words that precede those ones - "not much" :confused:

Anyway, Me is indoors, no aircon, but a slight breeze though the place is enough. I'll stay here until the cricket starts (at 1pm) and then stay here until bedtime! No outdoors for me any more today if I can help it!

Back to irrigating the olives tomorrow evening 40 at a time for as long as the bore holds up!

The pics at the top of the page are at a little beach called Shack Bay. It's within Bunurong marine national park and there's a little walk in so even on the busiest days in mid summer it never gets too busy. Plus it's a really beautiful little beach. The second set of pics were just in front of the Wonthaggi Lifesaving Club at Cape Paterson. Both beaches are within about 10 mins from home. This time of year I don't go to the local beaches in Inverloch that much as they get really busy.

Here's a pic of Cape Paterson. The beach the pics are from is the little cove on the right side of the town.

7035506.jpg