Hi there, i'm booking my stay in Niseko, and a friend of mine (a japanese snowboarder) suggested a cheap accomodation around Hirafu.

It's called Inunecohouse, i'll stay there for one month.

I tried to find some more information and/or review about it but i didn't find pretty much anything on the web, so i thought there could be someone on this community who knows this place.

So if anyone knows or has spent some time in this guest house it would be super nice to have a feedback, i booked already but i'd like to be sure this place is nice!

Thanks

Fede

I definitely hope so!

I'm not into blind booking, but the friend who suggested me this place is a trusted person, he's a WSF event organizer, and they have a bargain for 30 days stay... but still, as you can imagine i'd like to have more info!

Hi mate, I don't know 100% but from the map on their web site it looks like they are located in Izumikyo. Thats about five odd minutes outside the main Hirafu village. Depending on what you want. It will be quieter, but you will be walking alot and relying heavily on the shuttle bus (especially in your gear).

If you want easy access to everything I would suggest the main Hirafu Village, if you want things to be quieter then Izumikyo would be OK.

Can someone else confirm their location?

i haven't stayed there, nor even heard about it. but i found little bits of info, and wasn't sure what you had found already.

it looks like they mostly do small shared (sometimes private) rooms, and that the idea is that it's a share-house, and to intermingle with whoever else is staying there.

from the photos, and videos i found on youtube, it looks like this happens quite often. which is pretty cool actually.

is street view looking right at it.

https://maps.google....,24.05,,0,-2.95

its hard to tell without the mountains of snow that im used to, but im 99% sure this is where the niseko free shuttle bus stops every 15 or 30mins, depending on time of day. from that point its about 5mins till you're on a lift.

https://maps.google....68,,0,6.24&z=17

which means right next door is a (famous?) bakery of awesomeness.

ive heard horror stories of people booking accom in 'niseko', which is actually a town quite a while away. and having to take a long bus ride in and out every day. seems you dodged that bullet..

get ready for some deep pow!

edit:

on the lift pass topic,

id recommend an all mountain pass. hirafu on its own is too small for a month.

but for 1 month, id probably still get an hourly pass. i know it sounds strange to get an hourly pass... ever, but at niseko it always works out heaps better imo. 30 or 50, depends on how keen you are. you can always buy another 30 if you run out. from memory, a single 50 was more than enough to get me through a month (you could try to sell the leftover? illegal?).

i was going to explain how the hourly pass works and all, but cbf, ask if you have any q's :)

• SnowJapan Admin

Folks, please don't make posts simply with links in them.

Agree with it or not, we don't do those here.

Please remind yourselves of the Guidelines:

http://www.snowjapan...nes-the-basics/

And just for the record, in the spirit of wanting to help lastrocker, I have sent him/her the link (email if you wish to check, lastrocker).

:friend:

Thanks.

Thanks for the mail David!

Anything, i did find their website, but i wanted a first hand impression...

As you said, the sharing is a cool thing for me, especially cause i'm traveling alone, and riding off-piste alone is not a good idea, so making some friend is a must!

Do you know approximately how long is the bus ride from there to the closest lift base stop? I knew it wasn't a ski-in ski-out accomodation, and the price is so good for one month... 58000yen for 30 nights!! So waiting for a bus and walking a bit is ok, as long as the ride is not too long, and i am still able to catch the first chair in some way.

Can't wait for pow, hope it'll be a great season!!

Thanks for the mail David!

Anything, i did find their website, but i wanted a first hand impression...

As you said, the sharing is a cool thing for me, especially cause i'm traveling alone, and riding off-piste alone is not a good idea, so making some friend is a must!

Do you know approximately how long is the bus ride from there to the closest lift base stop? I knew it wasn't a ski-in ski-out accomodation, and the price is so good for one month... 58000yen for 30 nights!! So waiting for a bus and walking a bit is ok, as long as the ride is not too long, and i am still able to catch the first chair in some way.

Can't wait for pow, hope it'll be a great season!!

once youre on the bus its only 5 mins or so

busses start at 8:20, but probably 8:30 by the time it gets to you. sometimes on weekends it might be full and just drive by!

grand hirafu runs 'early' busses on powder days, shortly after 8:00 i think? but seems inconsistent.

theres also a hanazono bus that runs even earlier too.

i think the busses run until 9pm.

the walk back to there could take a while. there is a footpath and i often see people walking back at night, but it can be 1/2 foot deep snow and they have to walk on the road (isnt very busy late at night).

unless you want to quadruple your accom cost, i think its probably an ok place to be. and should make it easier to find someone to hit the mountain with.

cheaper accom, and being able to stay for a whole month is definately worthwhile imo.

Folks, please don't make posts simply with links in them.

mine was bad?

• SnowJapan Admin

Well, it wasn't just your post but I took out the link from your original post.

Apparently you later re-edited the link back in because it re-appeared, and so I have just re-edited it out again.

Can we please leave it at that.

Well, it wasn't just your post but I took out the link from your original post.

Apparently you later re-edited it back in because it re-appeared, and so I have just re-edited it out again.

Can we please leave it at that.

sorry, my bad. i was stuck on the edit screen for a while with some sort of forum maintenance.

unless you want to quadruple your accom cost, i think its probably an ok place to be. and should make it easier to find someone to hit the mountain with.

cheaper accom, and being able to stay for a whole month is definately worthwhile imo.

that's exactly what i was thinking. thanks for the suggestion!

Just thought I would add a few things.

i lived next door to the Inunecohouse all of last season. The shuttle bus stops pretty much 20 meters from your front door. Every morning last year there was a 7:45 bus and an 8:00 am bus. This was for the NISS staff that was living across the street in Log Village. They dont mind if you hop on as well. The bus usually waits around 5 minutes for both the 7:45 bus and the 8:00 bus. They dont wait after that time so be there on time! Besides that its a pretty economical location. Also the Night Go Bus stops right at your front door so if you buy the season pass for 500 yen you can use it for the duration of your trip.

Enjoy the pow dude!