OK got this fricking backup thing on the PC to work, I think.

It might do the same thing but it's just not as.... clean..... as Time Machine.

There always seems to be some mess and some trouble to deal with on a computer, lived with it up until now.

Yappari apple's way of doing things is very cool and trouble free.

Got to admire it.

Lets see if it holds true once I get more involved.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to help with this?

In Parallels, running MS Word (PC version), and I try to add a @ symbol.

But when I hit the key that has @ on it, I get [ instead

Any idea what's going on there? It sure is puzzling me.

The @ works ok within mac own environment (Pages, etc). This is just within Parallels.

I'm really loving it, a pleasure - like I said before.

Still setting things up how I want them to be.

Right click mouse works just how I know it to, and I'm trying to use more of the track pad too.

Time Machine-ing and all.

Beautiful machine. Oh yes.

Yeah I haven't found the move - not that it is finished yet I might add - difficult.

Mouse and stuff quickly get used to, in fact all the track pad stuff is a real improvement.

The biggest challenge I have found is working on where stuff is.

Other than that though, I really cannot think of one negative experience.

Back in the day I was pretty much an expert at using and knowing OS9. When Apple introduced OSX it really threw the old hardcore Mac users for a loop. Ever since 10.0 I just haven't been that interested in diving in that deep like I did with OS9. And now that Final Cut Pro has gone the way of the dodo....meh.....I'm not near the fanboy I was back then. They've really dumbed things down quite a bit over the years.

Yes...because now there is absolutely nothing Apple is making worth using unless you are just "farting around". Protools is what most are using but quite a few producers were using Apple's Logic but that's been dumbed down so much it's just a prettier Garageband. Same thing for us Final Cut Pro users. It was a beautiful program and a great many production houses chose and implemented it in place of Avid and then all of a sudden they come out with the glorified iMovie ....FCPX....

Chriselle - not true about Logic - lots of pro studios and pro musicians/audio folk still using it as their main... Of course Pro Tools continues to be the main pro studio setup like it's always been. Lots of pro people tend to also use both - with Logic more for composition and arranging and Pro Tools more for tracking and mixing - esp film composers, etc...

Even GB has it's uses - it's great for throwing down quick ideas... That being said, I hear where you're coming from re FCX etc...

And now back to your regular station, GG I'm glad you're enjoying your new iMac.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks sunrise. Very much enjoying it.

Silly me.

I only today decided to get rid of my previous wifi router and get the Time Capsule to replace it.

Damn the web just got faster for me I think my previous one must have been on McRubbish setting or something.

:friend:

Another thing I have just done is attached an external HDD to Time Capsule and I can now use that as a shared disc between the 2 Macs and my PC.

I'm sure I could have sorted stuff like this out before but just didn't know about it.

I think it's groovy.

:dance:

Chriselle - not true about Logic - lots of pro studios and pro musicians/audio folk still using it as their main... Of course Pro Tools continues to be the main pro studio setup like it's always been. Lots of pro people tend to also use both - with Logic more for composition and arranging and Pro Tools more for tracking and mixing - esp film composers, etc...

Even GB has it's uses - it's great for throwing down quick ideas... That being said, I hear where you're coming from re FCX etc...

And now back to your regular station, GG I'm glad you're enjoying your new iMac.

Yes.....as it is now. I misspoke .... as I meant to say there is a lot of speculation that Logic will follow suit to the other pro level programs being "consumerized"..... At $199 I can't see Logic continuing being a pro level program.... I guess we'll see soon enough..