• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, none taken Chriselle, none at all.

I'm not a sheep. Don't think so anyway. This will be my first Mac desktop computer. It's just I've kind of been wanting a new desktop for 6 months now, and have been holding on for these. S'ok?

;)

27"

3.4GHzクアッドコアIntel Core i7(Turbo Boost使用時最大3.9GHz)

8GB 1,600MHZ DDR3 SDRAM - 2 x 4GB

3TB Fusion Drive

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

----

Bought 32GB from crucial and already have it.

It cost $175 including shipping.

The upgrade from 8GB to 32GB on Apple's site is a whopping Y52,800!!! :veryshocked:

That is one huge profit they are making on RAM there.

Pretty outrageous actually.

Well, hopefully it will last a fair few, the way I see it is no point in scrimping is there.

:thumbsup:

Hopefully have it by Chrismas.

I'm still pretty shocked about that RAM though!

15000 yen vs 52000 yen is one hell of a difference.

Ya..I remember back when I got my 2nd G4 tower.....( it was like 330,000 yen :omg: ) and loaded it up with RAM chips. Apple wanted 18,000 and I bought the same ones through a discount shop for less than a third of that. So, it's still about the same ratio of "dis-value".

I was reading up on that before I bought.

Apparently it's essentially the same. They source it from the same 'sauce'. It might have a different label on it, but the thing itself (and of course specs) are the same.

It's just the profit that's different.

I am going to go back to when I first met a Singaporean girl back at college. :evilgrin:

Ahem. After all the advice, I got the Time Capsule, 6000 yen off so not too bad.

Backing up my 'not very much on it just yet' Macbook Pro. Will back up the iMac on this too.

Very neat and simply to set up.