• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mate, great pics but truly sketchy conditions - you are a brave lad

WEDNESDAY 15 MAY 2013     I returned home to Wales a month ago hoping for April turns but the snow which fell at the start of the month had unfortunately long since disappeared.   With Scotland s

Went for a bit of a drive up Uonuma Skyline this afternoon, hardly any up there. Will post some pics.   In another thread, sorry Mike!

I used to ride over to wales on my motorcycles many years ago, it was a nice 600 + mile run to Wales and back from East Anglia.

Sometimes I did an over nighta other times I would go there and back for a day trip.

Some beautiful places in Wales.

As pretty as Wales is, when you can see it, I'll never forget a trip as a kid. Soaking wet and miserable in the middle of nowhere.

I wanted to be anywhere but Wales that day!

It happens far too often thanks to our maritime climate and the Gulf Stream :(

That's why somewhere like Hokkaido is so good - consistency and predictability.

In my experience 6 months of winter, 2 months of spring, 2 months of summer, 2 months of autumn.

You can almost set your clock to the seasons.

not really......the weather recently has been pretty damn good actually.....in the past week or so its ranged from about 18-28 degrees. Sometimes theres a cold wind from the north or west that takes the heat off of the nice sunny days. The forecast looks good for the coming week as well, low 20's, as long as that wind stays away it'll be perfect for me. But April and the start of May were totally horrific.....it was like moving back home. I started to pine for my Shonan beach house! :)

Its now getting nice....when its sunny, yeah its great. The local mountains are all vivid green and when the skies are blue its beautiful. Theres a river over the back of Maruyama, in the Miyanomori area of Sapporo that isn't so far from my house and its great on sunny days. Just the start of May sucked ass.....it was so grey and rainy I was shocked at how much I missed the sun

Just be glad you're not right up on the northern coast or over near Nemuro or Kushiro. Even today most of areas along the northern coast barely got above 10 degrees. They remain very cool up there sometimes right through June. Some years around Kushiro they barely get much above 20 until August and then it's cooling down again in September. Ishikari region is positively balmy by comparison!