Renewing blue driver's license - koban ok?

Hi all,

I need to renew my blue J driver's license - no traffic infringements - in Tokyo. Does anyone know if I can do this at a koban or do I need to schlep all the way out to the place out the back of Shinagawa?

Thanks!

As BM says, you'll get a postcard from the driving centre about what to bring, and where to take it.

For me, I have to get it renewed at the driver's license centre in Futamatagawa.

Pretty sure you can't renew them at the koban. You have to go to the licence centre and sit through a lecture.

I just got my blue license renewed at the keisatsusho in March and it magically became a gold one! You have to drive for 5 years without incident to get one. My wife just got her gold license in July but then got a ticket last week! Bye-bye goldie!

The lectures are ever so interesting though, and help us all refresh our driving skills and make the world a safer place!

;)

:lol:

I had to go to the bad driver lecture because I'd been done for speeding more than 30kmh over the limit. I think I was the only one in the room who didn't go to sleep during the video...