Do you like them?

Did they SAVE YOU from great danger?

Did they HELP YOU find your way around a resort?

Did they SAVE YOUR LIFE when you nearly forgot to get off a lift?

;\)

Discuss!

PS Credit to zwelgen for first mentioning this in another thread.

I'm always purplexed at Nozawa that the Skyline has a rather severe sounding lady who issues constant warnings about going down there, while you're free to race down Schnieder or Ushikubi in all your reckless fury and break your neck. They both can be pretty hairy too.

Worse than all the noises are the lifties who insist on trying to put the safety bar down, knocking you in the back of the head without fail and nearly bumping you off the chair.

I used to spend a lot of time in the forum at newschoolers.com. I stopped bothering when it all got overrun by bitchy 12 year old boys.

the bing bong suwate kudasai slowly drove my crazy when I worked near it all day but I dont really notice it when I'm skiing.

It's a naval thing isn't it? Pinging the subs to calculate depth.

Oh on the subject of safety bars, I remember getting yelled at on the loud speaker at Niseko on Hana 1 for opening up the storm cover on a beautiful sunshine warm day mad.gif Go fig!

ah the ping noises.... they can be tricky!

a few times there i wasnt concerntrating and the ping noise when and i;d go to skate thru those usless little barriers and then realise it was the lift or the person next to me pinging... mmm....

they are rather anoying y dose everything ping?

and the music... whats with the music on our 14 days there was one day only one day were they played music that wasnt in japanese...! but i bet u i know all the exciting jpop now they play so many like 7 times a day! i dont understand the words but i learnt the tunes!

the top chair at arai is very annoying. at the top it warns you in japanese that it is nearly the end. It does this very loudly and over and over and over. One advantage of teh skier is that they can simply ride away from the top of the chair and escape the slow torture of the repetative cadence in a spritely young females recorded voice.

"mamanaku, blah blah blah blah kudasai".

over and over and over.

Yes, I often think that the general awareness of Japanese has been eroded by constant molly-coddling and maternal beeps - even the goddamn dustbin lorries sing out little warnings. A lot of Japanese people seem completely unaware of anything behind them, whether on the slopes or on the street.

I hate, no loathe the "bing bong osusumi kudasai" with the red light turning to green. Even more annoying than that is the liftie with his arm out, even with the barrier arm and if you even shuffle a little bit you get shot with the evil eye. Somedays it drives me absolutley nuts. I think the lifties too because often on weekdays the lights and noise is tuned off.

However I do like the litle barrier arms. YOu line up and move forward. very cool. Just a MAJOR shame about the other aural pollution.

Speaking of which whats with the announcements a nozawa? "Suzuki san from Edogawa-ku tokyo-to, Mr suzuki from Edogawa-ku, Tokyo-to, please go and meet his friend, Tanaka san at the top of the gondola" x2. Morons cant sort their stuff out? I notice there seems to be many more at Noz than other places. Sometimes that really pisses me off. mad.gif