• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012       Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012   Mount Fuji 19th Oct 2012   Yatsugatake 19th Oct 2012

Bit of snow on the upper slopes at Niseko this morning     And of course Yotei got a bit as well  

That was an impressive todger, but ultimately just way too big.

Hiked back up after work good work out not great sking!

booboo, this weekend is looking rough. The webcams are definitely showing a considerable decline in snow cover :( Well, friday has a day of top up so hoping that carries through the weekend.

Any of the totally old timers - did Kagura used to open much earlier even than this? Or is that just a story that doesn't bear true?

I think the memory is blurred with stories.

If it was earlier I can't imagine it was much earlier though.

I'm more certain that Naeba used to hit earlier dates than they do now though.

Cheers Fonty. It was an excellent first day.

Snowing steadily in the village as I type.

Tomorrow could be even better.

Do you think the lifts will start turning this weekend Mike? I am going to live vicariously through you guys for the next few months...........little pleasures while I sit in my office working away here in Perth!

The top of the gondola has about 30cms of really packed base snow. I think that is going to be there for a while.

The lower slopes that aren't facing slightly north are in trouble. It is still 2 weeks away from the official second opening

of Happo. 47 is keeping the snow due to it facing north. Had to drive my car to the base of the Grat quad to skin up. That is still better than jogging to stay in shape for the season Imho.