Kids through grade school free at Prince Snow Resorts

Here is an interesting development: Prince Snow Resorts is making it free for kids up through 6th grade to ski at (most of) their ski areas. Also offering free lessons, rentals, and other things for kids at their resorts -- details of what exactly is free vary by resort.

This means kids ski free at Furano, Shizukuishi, Naeba, Kagura, Muikamachi Hakkaisan, Manza Onsen, Karuizawa Prince Hotel, Myoko Suginohara, and Sayama. Yakebitaiyama will be free only on specified days (but which ones seem not specified yet).

Makes it tempting to even try to brave the evil Kan-Etsu and hit Naeba/Kagura with the kid some time. Hmm...

Doesn't Madarao do that already?

Yes, you're right, they do.

Good move, I think. They will likely bring along with them older family members, who might otherwise have gone elsewhere (or nowhere).

And getting them hooked early is good for the future of the whole sport.

Hope it spreads.

Good Lord, no, do you think I'm crazy? I would take the Kita Kanto Expressway to Takasaki. Avoid at least part of the pain.

still that Takasaki stage can be a real snarl up......I hate the Kan-etsu!!

Good Lord, no, do you think I'm crazy? I would take the Kita Kanto Expressway to Takasaki. Avoid at least part of the pain.

Likewise. Last time I dared take it was when I won a free ticket to Marunuma Kogen (see a theme?).

Shudder. (At the Kan-Etsu, not Marunuma!)

I'd be more tempted if accom let kids of those ages stay for free. Its good for skiing to be cheaper but it always seems to be the lift company taking the hit.

People moan on about lift ticket prices and then you see they have a piece of plastic and elastic that will have cost 15,000 yen from Oakley.

Last year 19 year olds could ski for free at loads of places. You just had to register in advance.

Likewise. Last time I dared take it was when I won a free ticket to Marunuma Kogen (see a theme?).

Well, I quite like the Kanetsu. :p

Well, I quite like the Kanetsu. :p

Well, yes, but you encounter it from the opposite end of the alimentary canal from us, don't you?