Hi all,

Heading back again for a powder fix. Late Jan and we've got friends joining us on the 2nd week at Myoko. In that area we've done a week at each of the following: Hakuba, Shiga Kogen and Nozawa.

Ideally we would like to do a day or two at a couple of the smaller joints off the beaten track to ease us into it. Say Charmant, Ryuoo, Madarao or Kijima Daira (if the top is open?). Not if there is a logical order as we'd ideally like to spend time on the slopes when the lifts are open and not in buses.

So any advice on a logical order?

Hi Crunky, Madarao is just 20 minutes from Myoko and is the bomb for pow - 60% ungroomed and linked at the top to Tangram Ski Circus also - lot's of terrain and if it you are there during a dump you will not want to leave as you will still be finding fresh lines 4-5 days later.

Here's some pics an vid from our trip in Feb this year

http://www.snowjapan...__fromsearch__1

Thanks Snowjunky I hope your knee is better. Yeah I'd checked out your shots and it looks so close to Myoko if there is a good bus connection it would be easier to stay in Myoko and just day commute to Madarao?

Would 3 days at Madarao be too many?

We stayed 5 days and would have stayed more if we could. With a combined ticket with Tangram there is plenty to keep you entertained.

Amy at Myoko Tourist Office organised a maxi taxi for the four of us - only cost about 25 bucks each. Door to door with all our gear.

Reccomend staying at Madarao Kogen Hotel - ski in & out and excellent food - also good pizza and noodle shops a short walk to the village.

Here's another vid I shot at Powderline course filmed 3 days after dump

http://youtu.be/Xw-ZW0gspDM

Do you want resorts in the area? I like Ryuoo a lot. Madarao is pretty good too. Charmant can be fun when the conditions are right. I also like Togakushi for a day. They have the best soba at any ski resort and it's quite clear to Myoko.

OK, so any tips on the logistics of getting to places like Ryuoo? I don't want to loose half a day in transport for a days skiing. Also I've no idea how to get to Charmant, it seems it's a little out of the way (which is a good and a bad thing). Lastly which of them would be the best on the weekend as that might determine the order we hit them in.