Id say 1oo to 150 meters long about 25 degrees or more. Mr.wiggles will have to put some pta time in over there so he will know. The cross country track is set by a snowmobile with a track setting attachment. depending on the loop it is about 700 meters or more.

Oh goody another reason to go to the school, probably at the crack of dawn.

I've been on the slope for pta weed whacking and its a couple of hundred meters long and has a mound of soil as a jump. I don't think its as steep as 25, but it has a Hakuba 47 park type pitch to it. Its not what you'd call a beginner run.

I'm quite interested in seeing how the lift works because its something me and my boy could try and rig up on the slope behind our pad when he's older. A ghetto lift as science project type deal.

when I worked in a high school back home, we'd take a group of kids out once a week for Outdoor Ed......and in winter, when conditions allowed, we'd go skiing. Sometimes we'd go to the official ski fields but others we'd use a farmers field, a tractor engine and a rope to tow us up the hill........worked wonders.

Thats where we'd set up our own rope tow (using a tractor engine and rope). It would be in a farmers field that was just a little down the road from the actual ski fields.

The thing with riding in Scotland is that conditions vary wildly day to day. There could be a ton of snow fall, opening up all areas of the mountain, not just the designated runs, but the access roads are closed because the resort management doesn't have the money to keep the necessary equipment on standby. Then the next day, the roads are finally cleared but because there are no trees on the mountains, the high winds have blown all the fresh snow off the hill!! It can be very frustrating! Booking in advance is a waste of time for these very same reasons as no one knows what weather they will get at any given time!! So if you are wanting to ride in Scotland, what you have to do is keep a keen eye on the weather and webcams and be ready to go at a moments notice and hit the slopes when the weather is right. Obviously for yourself bags, living down in London, thats not really feasible and its probably cheaper for you guys to jump on a plane to France than it is to access the Scottish ski areas. I used to live about 30-45 mins drive away from Glenshee (depending on road conditions), so we were able to do this fairly easily. The last time I was home at Christmas was a few years ago, when the UK had crippling snowstorms (for the UK :p ). My mate who lives 10 mins from Glenshee was telling me how great conditions were and that when I get home, we'll have a great day out all over the mountain. One week later, when I was on the hill, conditions were awful!! Gale force winds, bulletproof ice and visibility worse than that of an 80yr old with cataracts!!