Your favourite ski/board prefecture  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your fave?

Where would u live Ger? Recently been looking into buying a house in the near future but round where I live it's expensive and for very small house plots. I've a mate in Sappiro who has bought a house so I had a look there and I was surprised at how far my money would go even in a big city like Sapporo. Even the missus has started to think about a relocate up to Sapporo to enable us to own a decent sized house with a garden

If I could live anywhere, I'd probably be outside of Sapporo or maybe in a smaller town like Asahikawa. As it is, my job lead me to Tokushima. Nice town, a little far from the skiing... Built a house on 55 tsubo. Done deal. I guess it's a question of what comes first - employment or location. Too late for me, but maybe you should take the family and run while you still can... :happyshades:

Sapporo :thumbsup: my fave city.

If our planned move back to Canada gets nixed the next best place is back up to Hokkaido. Probably around Asahikawa. I've had enough of the Shizuoka beach life and it's time for greener pastures....literally. This past summer's Honshu heat just beat the snot out of me and I want out.

I think I'm going to go buy a few of those New Years lottery tickets......nothing like a little blind optimism. :wave:

Ashikawa is OK, but it really is the burbs.

If I wanted to run a business, I'd choose Furano though.

Why's that Thurs?

In and around Furano is a four season tourist destination and working town. There aren't enough hotel rooms hence the Prince hotels are always full. If you look at the places around the ski areas, there's plenty of space in te market for new accomodation.

If I was a whipper snapper, I'd seriously consider moving there.