Here...have a mint! No, I insist...

Remember a few years ago I was complaining about the co worker with BO.

Well, now I'm yet again tormented with a co worker sitting beside me that reeks.... except this time with the worst bad breath. The dude needs a dentist or something. I'd rather have a smoker blow smoke in my face all day long rather than whiff this guys foul

"I got a dead racoon in my mouth" stench.

What to do?? What would you do?

I was thinking about this today on the train......some people have foul breath. A horrible mix of rotting stuff and coffee......do they not realise?! It's bad when everyone in a 3 person radius can smell your death breath

I think it's worse here in Japan. I never really notice it too much when I go back to Canada.

I guess people don't realize or worse....don't care.

Also, what's up with the "old man" oyaji smell?? That's off the charts as well.

Also, what's up with the "old man" oyaji smell?? That's off the charts as well.

With all the bathing you'd think that wouldn't be a problem.

Must be the clothes. After all, they often don't put lovely smelling things like Comfort in their cold water washing machines.

Well clothes certainly don't clean properly here with the silly cold water washing machines. I connect a pipe to the hot water tap or soak my clothes in hot water in the bath with the laundry washing liquid to make sure they come out clean. Most Japanese including my wife insist cold water cleans as well as hot though! Maybe thats why many have smelly clothes.

As for bad breath, that is just so punishing, thankfully I don't need to work in an office with anyone, but I remember many years ago back in the UK there was a lady in the R&D office that absolutely reeked of sweat, but that was apparently due to her sweat glands being over active and nothing she could do about it!

Same here! First time I came to Japan and saw that the machines were only connected to cold water, I thought how backwards!

Japanese people don't seem to like using hot water to wash their clothes. My wife and mother / father in law are all the same they only use cold water in the machines!

I think probably most of us were surprised when first coming here about the cold water washing.

I'm surprised that it's still that way (or have hot water washes increased in modern machines?)

The washing machines are only cold but they make up for the lack of hot water washing by beating the shit out of your clothes. T-shirt necks are usually trashed inside six months.... :angry:

And clothes dryers......we have one that a friend who owns an electronics shop gave us. But most people don't have them.

It's nice to have undershirts, underwear and socks nicely dried when the humidity is high ....and the Bounce dryer sheets leave a nice fresh scent on the clothes. :wave: