Japan winter 2012-2013 weather forecast (provisional)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My prediction for the winter:   It will gradually get colder from now until December. It will definitely be November before December, that's a cert. It will snow towards the end of the year, proba

I don't think I will actually argue with him anymore. As Mark Twain once said "do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

I think that should be a question mark, no?

My prediction for the winter:

It will gradually get colder from now until December. It will definitely be November before December, that's a cert.

It will snow towards the end of the year, probably quite a lot, in the mountainous regions.

Not sure exactly how much.

Though marketing people will claim it's more than actually falls.

People will get itchy come November and start getting moody.

The "Best Snow Ever (in the world)" [book your holidays now while stocks last!!!!!!] will very likely fall in Hakuba and Niseko early in the season. Maybe even tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people who only ever come on before/beginning season and talk about these things will come out of the woodwork - with absolutely no agendas of their own of course!! - and then proceed to moan at the SJ dudes if they don't allow them their freedom of advertising/promotion speech thing on here.

Of course, I might be completely wrong!

:lol:

Spot on!

OK, I'll bite.

Snowdude, how are you arriving at your predictions? Solar flares or something?

First thing first, the global warmists all say that the ice sheets are melting and getting thinner every year! This year they said it is at is smallest amount, which actually isn't true!

During the summer months winds blow which actually breaks up the ice, (a natural phenomenon), so radar used to measure the ice extent give off false readings.

Also they measure the ice in summer, when it is at its warmest with the most sunshine, of course a percentage will melt every year, but it soon comes back.

The southern hemisphere ice sheets have been growing during this time and are at there largest ever!

The warmists forget to mention these things and brain wash everyone into thinking Man made gases (global warming) is the course.

Some parts of Canada have already had snow, earlier than usual, oh the warmists forgot to mention this!

England has had its wettest and coldest summer in 100 years, oh the warmists forgot to mention this!

Who was the idiot from I think it was the London met office that said England wouldn't know what snow is soon, Uk has had the most snow in recent winters with this winter looking like probably being very cold and snowy in the UK and Europe.

All of the agencies are funded by the governments, they are non profit orginisations, they need a reason for constant funding, and the governments are both blinded by the rubbish the agencies come out with and connected together.

If the earth is cooling which it is then the agencies and the governments have no way of scamming money out of the general public, they can tax us for greenhouse gases, but they cant tax us for fresh air.

The past years the magnetic north has been moving and recently moving much faster, the earth is going into magnetic reversal. = global cooling taking place!

Also the jet stream in the northern hemisphere has moved a long way south, this is a very good indicator of an on-coming ice age, especially as it hasn't gone back, the agencies have forgot to mention this too!

The sun will be going to solar max in about a years time, and the sun spot count is far below what it should be at this stage. Solar cycle 25 is predicted to be the lowest in hundreds of years. Oh they forgot to mention this too!

The sun drives the weather conditions and patterns on earth not so called man made green house gases. The warmists forgot to mention this too!

The Co2 levels are in fact increasing, but the overall global temperatures have been decreasing. Oops you guessed it the forgot to mention this too!

Co2 levels were actually higher during the last age than they are now. Levels increasing is another sign of cooling.

The extremes in weather around the world over the past 4-5 years are another indicator of global cooling taking place, NOT due to global warming!

The number of big earthquakes and volcanoes erupting around the earth has increased a lot in the past couple of years. This happens before the onset of an ice age, as it cools the earth by blocking out the sun in many areas helping to lower the temps, which in return helps the ice sheets to grow even more rapidly. Oh the warmists forgot to mention this too!

These are all factors that I have thoroughly investigated and followed to come to my conclusion that an ice age is just around the corner!

I'm sure a certain warmist mention no manes will comment on this, not that I will bother to read it!

OK, I'll bite.

First thing first, the global warmists all say that the ice sheets are melting and getting thinner every year! This year they said it is at is smallest amount, which actually isn't true!

During the summer months winds blow which actually breaks up the ice, (a natural phenomenon), so radar used to measure the ice extent give off false readings.

Also they measure the ice in summer, when it is at its warmest with the most sunshine, of course a percentage will melt every year, but it soon comes back.

The southern hemisphere ice sheets have been growing during this time and are at there largest ever!

The warmists forget to mention these things and brain wash everyone into thinking Man made gases (global warming) is the course.

Some parts of Canada have already had snow, earlier than usual, oh the warmists forgot to mention this!

England has had its wettest and coldest summer in 100 years, oh the warmists forgot to mention this!

Who was the idiot from I think it was the London met office that said England wouldn't know what snow is soon, Uk has had the most snow in recent winters with this winter looking like probably being very cold and snowy in the UK and Europe.

All of the agencies are funded by the governments, they are non profit orginisations, they need a reason for constant funding, and the governments are both blinded by the rubbish the agencies come out with and connected together.

If the earth is cooling which it is then the agencies and the governments have no way of scamming money out of the general public, they can tax us for greenhouse gases, but they cant tax us for fresh air.

The past years the magnetic north has been moving and recently moving much faster, the earth is going into magnetic reversal. = global cooling taking place!

Also the jet stream in the northern hemisphere has moved a long way south, this is a very good indicator of an on-coming ice age, especially as it hasn't gone back, the agencies have forgot to mention this too!

The sun will be going to solar max in about a years time, and the sun spot count is far below what it should be at this stage. Solar cycle 25 is predicted to be the lowest in hundreds of years. Oh they forgot to mention this too!

The sun drives the weather conditions and patterns on earth not so called man made green house gases. The warmists forgot to mention this too!

The Co2 levels are in fact increasing, but the overall global temperatures have been decreasing. Oops you guessed it the forgot to mention this too!

Co2 levels were actually higher during the last age than they are now. Levels increasing is another sign of cooling.

The extremes in weather around the world over the past 4-5 years are another indicator of global cooling taking place, NOT due to global warming!

The number of big earthquakes and volcanoes erupting around the earth has increased a lot in the past couple of years. This happens before the onset of an ice age, as it cools the earth by blocking out the sun in many areas helping to lower the temps, which in return helps the ice sheets to grow even more rapidly. Oh the warmists forgot to mention this too!

These are all factors that I have thoroughly investigated and followed to come to my conclusion that an ice age is just around the corner!

I'm sure a certain warmist mention no manes will comment on this, not that I will bother to read it!

It really is one thing to make your somewhat ridiculous weather predictions each year and claim you always get it right even though pretty much every year you do anything but get it right. Those predictions are amusing and kind of fun.

It's quite another though when you continue to claim you know anything about the climate. The multitude of errors above are just incredible and nearly everything you've written is totally unsubstantiated. They show such a lack of understanding of science let alone climate science it's frightening that someone so ignorant has such strongly held views. Really it's like christians claiming they have scientific evidence of creationism. It's laughable.

Practically nothing you've posted above is based on science. You get it all from internet blogs by people who are not involved in climate science. Most probably not involved in science at all. It's gibberish.

You have the audacity to claim that you have 'investigated' these things. Investigating must mean being a credulous fool who'll believe anything on any blog one can find on the internet. Not only that, it also means that you have totally disregarded the mass of peer reviewed literature detailing the actual science going on out there.

Can you back up any of the claims you've made above snowdude? At least provide links to the 'science' or whatever it is that you believe provides some evidence of these claims? I for one am dying to see what whacky, conspiracy laden sites you use to get this information from.

Your forecasts are a joke and a laugh. Your claims about climate change are just laughable.

OK, I'll bite.

Learn to spell, learn to reference, learn how to structure an argument properly, then I might take your half-baked bullshit seriously.

OK, I'll bite.

Learn to spell, learn to reference, learn how to structure an argument properly, then I might take your half-baked bullshit seriously.

So who are you my fu#*ing spelling teacher!

Let's just take a more detailed look at some of these ridiculous claims.

For a start the lowest amount of sea ice recorded in the Arctic Ocean this summer is correct and true. The sea ice is not to be confused with ice sheets (which you seem to). Ice sheets are found over land not over the ocean. Yes somewhat amazingly you are right during the summer winds, waves, and of course above freezing summer temps cause the sea ice to melt. In recent years there has been a dramatic decline in the amount of sea ice persisting right through the summer months. This is mainly due to a rapid decline in the multi-year ice over the arctic. Multi-year ice is much thicker and thus much more able to last through the summer. With the multi-year ice continuing to diminish less ice is lasting right through. They measure the ice extent at all times of the year not just summer. In all seasons it's very important for shipping to know where the ice is. This idea that the 'radar' is somehow bamboozled by ice breaking up due to wind is utterly ridiculous. The radar uses microwaves from a satellite and although the spacial resolution isn't incredibly fine it's more than adequate to get an idea of ice extent year to year.

Again I assume you're talking about the sea ice around Antarctica not the ice sheets? The ice sheets over Antarctica have been diminishing in parts and accumulating a little in others. It's very slow though as there is very little percipitation over the continent. Antarctica is the driest continent on the planet. The sea ice around Antarctica has not seen the same rapid decline as the Arctic that is true. And yes since 1979 there has been a small increase in the average amount. Antartica is certainly very different to the Arctic. Instead of being ocean surrounded by land masses it's a landmass surrounded by oceans and that landmass has an ice sheet on it up to 4km thick. Average temperatures around Antarctica have shown an upward trend, especially around the Antarctic Peninsula but it's still an incredibly cold place and if anything the warmer temps may just allow more precipitation which may assist in the sea ice lasting longer.

What parts of Canada? Hardly unusual at all for many parts of Canada to receive snow in September!

Whilst the UK may have had a cold summer the US has been through one of the hottest on record. So what? This stuff is weather not climate.

This really is the most stupid of arguments by the conspiracy theorists. CO2 was first identified as a 'greenhouse gas' as far back as the 1850's. As early as the JFK administration scientists have been warning of potential climate change due to rising CO2 levels in the atmosphere. Since the 1970's there has been general scientific consensus that rising CO2 poses a significant threat to our climate. And by the 1980's there has been scientific concensus that we are actually observing that warming, that it's no longer just a theory but observeable. Consistently though the scientists have actually underestimated the rate of warming. They have been too conservative and cautious in their predictions.

There is no credible science to suggest a magnetic reversal correlates to any changes in climate either warmer or cooler. A reversal does seem on the cards but we're talking about something that occurs over geologic timeframes with huge variability. It could be anywhere from soon to 100's of thousands of years in the future and possibly even millions of years.

The jet stream in the northern hemisphere is tracking differently recently for a number of reasons. The Arctic Oscillation is somewhat responsible for this. It peaked in the positive in the 90's and has trended down since into slightly negative anomolies. A negative AO means there is a greater likelihood of outbreaks of arctic air into the mid latitudes in the winter and the UK has certainly experienced a bit of that in recent winters. It's not an indicator of either cooling or warming of the globe. It's an oscillating natural phenomena. We have also seen the Pacific Decadal Oscillation change to more negative again recently which also affects the path of the jetstream. These natural climatic oscillations will continue to do their thing whether we're warming or cooling. To suggest that the path of the jet stream is somehow indicative of global cooling is ridiculous and totally unsubstantiated.

The incident radiation hitting the earth from the sun has been on a slight downward trend since the 1980's. More than 30 years now of this downward trend and yet the 80's, 90's and 00's have successively been the warmest decades ever recorded. If the sun was the only driver of climate we would have been getting cooler for the last 30 years not warmer.

Global temps have not been decreasing. The decade 2001-2010 was the warmest on record. 9 of the 10 warmest years on record have been recorded since 2000. The rate of warming has declined but it has not been cooling. The decline in the rate of warming can easily be explained by the fact that the strong El Nino of the late 90's waned and more recently we had back to back strong La Nina episodes. We know strong La Nina's have a cooling effect. Plus as explained above the AO and PDO have gone into negative phases of their oscillations both of which have cooling effects. And yet we still recorded year after year in the 2000's most of the warmest years on record. It is most definitely not cooling.

I'm glad you made the distinction of 'big' earthquakes and volcanoes. Now I must admit to not having seen any study directly linking earthquakes with climate but yes volcanoes can have dramatic effects if they are big enough. The thing is when we talk about big ones there hasn't been any real discernable increase in their frequency. There has been a dramatic increase in the total number of volcanic eruptions reported over the last few hundred years due mainly to increases in the human population and communication and thus records of such events occurring but when looking at ash layers of big eruptions that could have possible global effects there's been no real discernable increase in frequency at all.

Anyway once again I just can't allow this idiot to present his pseudo-science without some criticism and reference to the real scientific consensus out there.

Watch this space everyone. I do not have time to put all my facts and data resources on here today as I need to put it all together so it will be easy to understand and clear about the actual facts.

Some very interesting reading on its way with in the next few days.

:rollabout: :rollabout: :rollabout:

I don't want to steal your thunder snowdude but I think this site sums up much of the crap you go on about. If it's not the exact one you use to get your info then whatever one you use get's their info from it. One thing I know about climate denial sites is that they all use the same stuff as each other. I mean it's not like any of them are actual climate scientists doing actual research now is it?

http://iceagenow.info/

The author of this wondrous website/blog describes himself as an ex architect. Which obviously makes him a real expert when it comes to the climate sciences! :sj-lol:

Here is a nice little article about him out of The Guardian.

http://www.guardian....ment.columnists

It's from sometime ago but it holds true today. Crazy stuff but this is the sort of rubbish that is the source of the so called science that credulous fools like snowdude hold true. The internet is a wonderful thing but for those unable to determine good from bad science it's very easy to get led astray. That's why we have things like peer review and credible scientific journals. It's how bad and downright rubbish science is weeded out. There are no such filters on someones blog on the internet of course which allows them to publish any crap they can dream up. And it attracts fools like flies to shite.

So who are you my fu#*ing spelling teacher!

No, just someone who studied climate change at degree level, who read journals, wrote essays and research projects and can see very clearly that you did none of those things.

It's from sometime ago but it holds true today. Crazy stuff but this is the sort of rubbish that is the source of the so called science that credulous fools like snowdude hold true. The internet is a wonderful thing but for those unable to determine good from bad science it's very easy to get led astray. That's why we have things like peer review and credible scientific journals. It's how bad and downright rubbish science is weeded out. There are no such filters on someones blog on the internet of course which allows them to publish any crap they can dream up. And it attracts fools like flies to shite.

The scientists haven't been as white as the driven snow in fairness.

G'day, new here but thought I would put my 2 cents in anyway... This pretty sums up my view - Reducing emissions and being smarter with energy, etc. can only be a good thing right?

250318_472402912780725_2067240612_n.jpg

I have been thinking this way for a while now. I don't have time to fact check every article I read, nor do I believe every article I read, but for us to reduce emissions, if all the climate science turns out to be wrong (not that I believe it will), then worst case scenario we have created a better world to live in. If we do nothing, and global warming occurs, then the worst case scenario will be much worse.

Really and what would you know about it Mike? The vast bulk of people get their science from the popular media and to be frank there's not many in the popular media who know a damned thing about science. And if you get your information from any of the Murdoch media well we all know his bias on this subject.

The silly thing is if snowdude was claiming for instance that smoking didn't cause cancer pretty much everyone on here would deride him for being an idiot. There's just as much scientific concensus on the effects of CO2 on our climate as there is on the effects of smoking on health. And yet people seem to give more credence to the rubbish science of climate change denialists than they ever would to the rubbish science of those who claim smoking isn't that bad for you. It's a ridiculous double standard.