• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to phone them tonight just to check.   But unless they have rebuilt my local pub on my parent's land, I think I know the answer!

(but only girls please)

I got a new iphone 5 over the weekend.

Really like it and I do feel it is considerably different from the previous version. Looks like a nice slipcase that gg, thanks. Might get that. Don't want to put a rubber on it or some ugly case, want to see it's beauty.

:)

Nothing yet, klingon. I take care of my goodies. It's naked but I bought a leather case thing that I slip it into when I'm out and about so it doesn't get scratched

This one actually

71tXb51Q8YL._AA1000_.jpg

After using this for a while now, totally totally recommend it for anyone with an iphone 5.

Lets me put it in my pocket with the phone "naked" for use and not get scratched.

It's a tight fit but as it's leather it has given a bit - still tight but just about right. You pull the phone out by using the tab that gets sucked back in when you put the phone in.

Very pleased with it, perfect.

• 1 month later...

fwiw, it looks like all the new android phones on au have the same conditions as the Iphone 5, i.e., no more plans for talk minutes.

They also cost more than the Iphone, making the 16gb one the cheapest current model smartphone on au. The Iphone 4s is 20,000 cheaper again.

You can get a Galaxy 2 for free and keep a talk plan on kishu henkan, but it won't work in Europe (GSM).

I just bought the latest AU LG OPTIMUS, excellent phone, quad core processor, 2GB of memory and as fast as.... It's on the new 4G network so really fast internet also, but like all the carriers now they have a restriction as to how many GB you can use per month, before you have to pay more, which for AU is 7GB!

It is more than enough for web surfing, emailing, tweeting, etc, but if you use Youtube or watch on-line movies too much you could easily go over the limit.

That really sucks now as it use to be unlimited.

Of course if you connect to your home wifi then you can use your phone as much as you want and that does not count for your monthly quota.

Although when I am at home I am going to be using my computer, so not going to use my phone to connect to the net much.

I was one of the heavy internet uses on my previous phone, although I probably still use this one the same amount for web surfing.

So far used about 620mb since last Friday so will be interesting to see how much I use per month.

They tell you this when you get the phone, but just in case anyone is not aware of this, make sure you check your usage daily to see how much you are using.

I just bought the latest AU LG OPTIMUS, excellent phone, quad core processor, 2GB of memory and as fast as....

Makes me laugh people spouting off how many Gbs and cores a phone has. Or a computer even.

Most people probably have not idea what it means, and even if they do it doesn't mean much.

What matters is real world performance.

• 1 month later...

Using Apple's new maps system could be potentially life-threatening, police in Mildura, Australia, have warned, after a number of people trying to find the town of 30,000 people have become hopelessly lost in scorching temperatures.

One man was stranded for 24 hours last week in temperatures of up to 46 degrees centigrade, and at least three more have had to be rescued after following the directions given on Apple's new maps, which locate Mildura far from its actual position.

"We've had at least four documented cases," senior sargeant Stephen Phelan told the Guardian. "The map puts it at least 70 kilometres from where it should be. We have had people bogged down in sunset country."

The Mildura police have now issued a warning on their website

Getting lost in the park around Mildura is potentially deadly: "There's no water, and you can get bogged down in the sand," explained Toby Prime, a reporter on the local Sunraysia Daily. "Temperatures go up to 46 degrees and there's no water."

I just bought the latest AU LG OPTIMUS, excellent phone, quad core processor, 2GB of memory and as fast as.... It's on the new 4G network so really fast internet also, but like all the carriers now they have a restriction as to how many GB you can use per month, before you have to pay more, which for AU is 7GB!

It is more than enough for web surfing, emailing, tweeting, etc, but if you use Youtube or watch on-line movies too much you could easily go over the limit.

That really sucks now as it use to be unlimited.

Of course if you connect to your home wifi then you can use your phone as much as you want and that does not count for your monthly quota.

Although when I am at home I am going to be using my computer, so not going to use my phone to connect to the net much.

I was one of the heavy internet uses on my previous phone, although I probably still use this one the same amount for web surfing.

So far used about 620mb since last Friday so will be interesting to see how much I use per month.

They tell you this when you get the phone, but just in case anyone is not aware of this, make sure you check your usage daily to see how much you are using.

I also picked up a new phone, HTC J Butterfly, and when I asked about the limit of 7Gb, the shop assistant said that the speed gets throttled after 7Gb.

Ok I have had my phone a month now and only used less than 2GB.

That is including downloading new apps when I first got the phone and using the internet everyday for max 1 hour some days, with a little youtube usage.

7GB last longer than I expected.

So unless you use youtube or do online video streaming

a lot or surf the net all day long then 7GB is more than enough.

So for those with 4G no need to worry about going over your limit under normal use.

If you do go over the limit though you have the option of payinf 2980 yen for 2 GB extra or leaving it and having the internet speed get chopped right down to KB speed for the remainder of that month.

Also when I am at home I connect my phone to my home WIFI, so then my 7GB usuage is not counted.

LTE is currently only in major areas. I'm pissed at Softbank for shooting that damned currently running LTE commercial in my back yard when they have no intentions of ever offering LTE 4g in this area. Bastids!!!!