• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to phone them tonight just to check.   But unless they have rebuilt my local pub on my parent's land, I think I know the answer!

(but only girls please)

Got my new phone this morning.

It is lovely.

BUT, I find the whole process excruciatingly frustrating.

It took nearly 2 hours. 2. Hours.

Half of that was the girl trying to convey the complexities of the plan setup, and it wasn't because of a language barrier either.

Why do these things have to be so complex? To numb people up?

One big change seems to be that with the iPhone now you cannot use the normal plans that include x number of minutes of calls.

Simply can't.

You need to pay a basic 980 yen and then all calls are 21 yen per 30 seconds.

No "25 minutes of calls included" options.

There's a few discount plans available that bring that unit cost down, but basically you pay for each call from the go.

Luckily I don't actually make many calls, but I can see this coming as a shock to people who make a lot and are not remembering the new setup.

Oh if anyone is interested, my new bill is 7575 yen........ but that's with no calls.

Includes the phone (32gb, over 24 months), the unlimited LTE plan, basic charges and tethering up to 7gb a month. So with the tethering thing, I can get rid of my docomo data diggerydoo thingy which will save me 2000-6000 yen a month, so in total it makes things neater and considerably cheaper I suppose.

I'm sure gg's saleswoman told him, but calls to au phones are free outside 9pm to 1am with the Iphone 5. Depending on who you're calling, that's a lot of free minutes or some expensive calls you can't offset by joining a plan.

Tethering is already allowed at no cost with a number of android phones on au. It just wasn't (and still isn't) allowed on the Iphone 4/4s.

IOS 6 has dropped the original Ipad, so I couldn't get it.

She did indeed Mr Wiggly, you are right, i didnt mention that - but that's not new is it? (Is it?).

And honestly I have little to no idea how that would affect me, many of my friends are on docomo I think. But you are right yes if that fits your setup and friends etc, nice.

The tethering is going to save me that docomo bill, so really glad we got that now. I don't stream music or movies and so the 7gb limit on tethering wont cause me much hassle.

:lol:

If they lose the next game, you might need a Galaxy III to see them!

Just come back from finalising my divorce from DoCoMo. Silly me, I forgot that it wouldn't just be a case of ok stop thank you.

Cost the best part of 10,000 yen due to non-understandable waribikis and the other nonsense.

Totally surplus to requirements now (tethering from the iphone is really cool!) so the only thing to do get it over with.

I recently changed carrier and had frustrations when doing it.

Love it when they tell you something like

"It's going to cost you xxx yen.... yoroshii desu ka?"

Why ask me if that's ok. Do I have a choice? :grandpa:

21日に発売された新型スマートフォン「iPhone(アイフォーン)5」を巡り、ソフトバンクモバイル(東京)が全国の販売店で行っている旧型アイフォーンの下取りサービスが、古物営業法違反(無許可営業)に当たる恐れがあるとして、警視庁がサービスの中止を求める指導をしたことが24日、分かった。

Softbank stopping the buy back of old iphones?

Yeah tempted to say iie, yoroshikunai. But it's probably a bit oyaji-gyagu-ish.

My iphone 4s is now my ipod.

I really like the new design and the bigger screen makes a good difference, but I think I actually prefer the weightiness of the 4s over the 5 somehow.

Does anyone have any idea what the cheapest, no frills ....oyagi phone is? I'm thinking of a serious downgrade from my old iPhone 4 to a crap keitai and a mobile WiFi for my ipad for mail and other stuff.

Does anyone have any idea what the cheapest, no frills ....oyagi phone is?

Don't know mate, can't you just get a crappy one for free?

About oyagi phones, probably best to ask this dude:

8b02cc36bee5b75938c6031db26191b6.jpg

You can get handsets for 1000 yen upwards on Yahoo Auctions.

If you're on au, it costs 2100 yen to switch over at a shop because switching sim cards isn't enough. They have to do some registration thing.

Among au handsets, Sony has the largest number that work in both Europe and the US.

I had a look the other day and my mobile bill is 1800 yen a month. If I turned the email off, it would be 300 yen cheaper.

You can get handsets for 1000 yen upwards on Yahoo Auctions.

If you're on au, it costs 2100 yen to switch over at a shop because switching sim cards isn't enough. They have to do some registration thing.

Among au handsets, Sony has the largest number that work in both Europe and the US.

I had a look the other day and my mobile bill is 1800 yen a month. If I turned the email off, it would be 300 yen cheaper.

Until you start sending email, then that 300yen would be cheaper.

I think the older Japanese phones don't have sim cards in them, so they have to be activated.