The last few days haven't been as brutal especially in the evenings and actually last night for the first time in a long while we didn't have the aircon going late night.

So there are signs of things starting to cool down.

I hope it's not just a blip.

:dance:

Let's abandon that horrid old "Hot" thread!

cooling in nagano for sure.

In fact, i declare september 1st the official death of summer. Yay!

Anecdotal evidence #1: Ive used my quilt for all of the last three days.

Anecdotal evidence #2: Frogs are sitting on my bike in the morning.

Anecdotal evidence #3: After a shower ive started once again to dry INSIDE the shower because its too fekkin cold once i step out of the shower.

Anecdotal evidence #4: I am not arriving a work after my 5k bike ride drenched in sweat.

Anecdotal evidence #5: I saw a temp reading of 24 degrees two days ago.

Anecdotal evidence #6: It was rather pleasant this morning.

Its cooling pretty rapidly here to be honest. Soon ill be moaning about the walk in freezer i appear to be living in.

Anecdotal evidence #3: After a shower ive started once again to dry INSIDE the shower because its too fekkin cold once i step out of the shower.

Anecdotal evidence #4: I am not arriving a work after my 5k bike ride drenched in sweat.

I certainly wouldn't go that far! :lol:

Still way too hot for me - tell me it's "cool" when it gets to a consistent 20 degrees in the daytime with no humidity!

It barely drops below 20deg in winter here (well during the day at least). I see Takamagahara has an average of about 14deg forecast for the next week, with 10degs toward the end of the week.

I still question why I continue to live in a sub-tropical climate when I don't take the heat very well.

Had cooled down here too, with the last few days in the high 20s only and down to 18 at night, but hot as hell in the sun today again. It also feels humid again after several zero humiity days.

Will cool more from this saturday before a hot blip aain next week and then we are on a downward trend after that.

When i first arrived in japan one of my teachers told me that from september every time it rains it gets a little colder. Its kind of a truism of course since time kind of works in teh manner that we're leaving summer every day after august, but i think what he meant is that when it rains the momentum speeds up. Old wives tale science but i like farmer wisdom. (not that hes a farmer of course).

winter-is-coming-shirt-600x543.jpg

• Like 1