NX2-SE-Orange.jpg

These bad boys have just been delivered to my door. Got my board and boots out and strapped em on and jumped around the living room!! 1st impressions are that these are cool!! the entry and lock system are very easy and snug. The toe strap seems like it really secures your foot into the back of the binding. These bindings are HEAVY duty!! They are predominately metal.....which means these are a lot heavier than my other bindings....including the Flows I had previously. I can't wait to see how they ride.......all I need is the snow..... :doh:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While shopping for a new jacket I ended up getting a board, bindings, goggles, pants and jacket... now I have to try and hide the credit card bill from my wife because the world didn't end today like

The bag inspires an old joke to come to mind   Princess Diana and Dolly Parton had both died on the same night. When they reached the gates of Heaven they were greeted by St. Peter.St. Peter said "E

New skis & bindings awaiting xmas pickup & testing in Rockies first week of January.

What are you getting?

New tires for the car.

New boots, and maybe bindings, for the kid.

If there is any money left over after all that... lift tickets. (Sigh.)

Kid started getting excited about the upcoming season, and decided to try on last year's equipment... and it still fits!

Perhaps can afford those highway tolls after all.

:groovy:

But just in case, any sure-fire recipes for stunting a kid's growth?

Looking at getting a split + bindings & skins, looks a lot easier than plodding in snow shoes.. Reckon the Jones Hovercraft 160 split is the go but still need to do more research (and then think of a way to sneak it passed the mrs :ph34r: )..

You may want to look at the Never Summer Summit Split. I have the non-split version and this board meets my idea of what an All-Mountain board is supposed to be.

On deep powder, not as good start-and-go flotation as a Burton Fish but oh boy; once you get going you can fly on this thing. It handles the crud like a champ, and the stiffness helps it a lot to achieve a decent cruising speed on groomers. The side cut radius is fairly mellow (as with most big nose powder boars) so it will handle as a regular board of the same size that is 8~10cm smaller.

The top sheet is bullet proof, construction is top notch, and they trust it enough to put a 3 year warranty on them.

NX2-SE-Orange.jpg

These bad boys have just been delivered to my door. Got my board and boots out and strapped em on and jumped around the living room!! 1st impressions are that these are cool!! the entry and lock system are very easy and snug. The toe strap seems like it really secures your foot into the back of the binding. These bindings are HEAVY duty!! They are predominately metal.....which means these are a lot heavier than my other bindings....including the Flows I had previously. I can't wait to see how they ride.......all I need is the snow..... :doh:

Nice!

I do need to get a new set of bindings ... Mine failed on me twice this season (the lift release button/tightening device on top strap would not engage....took 5 minutes the first time, 15 the next, to get it to work)

They ARE more than 3 years old which means signifigantly more than 100 days riding in that time.

I like the new hybrid convenience bindings. Best of all the features!

whats it ride like?

Hi Guys/ Gozaimaas

Looking at boards and can't work out what to get but still looking at a new fish.

Where would the best place to buy in OZ or which online co.

Seemore

I've always had good deals from backcountry, but actually I also saw some good deals on Rei as well. All from the States. I can't remember which UK shop it was but they were also competitive when I was looking at buying my bindings

whats it ride like?

Hi Guys/ Gozaimaas

Looking at boards and can't work out what to get but still looking at a new fish.

Seemore

Have you looked at the cheetah? Much better than the fish if its in your size range

I was thinking about those but went with the atomic blog instead. I'd still love to demo the czar sometime. Looks like a really fast straight ski.

From reviews, i think they are meant to be skiied fast and big. the blog sounds like a good ski as well.

Let us know how the blogs go and I will report on how the czars handle the pow.

Let us know how the blogs go and I will report on how the czars handle the pow.

I managed to get one late-season powder day in on them last year - short lines in 30 cm powder. It's 185 but skis shorter because of the rocker. On piste, it liked to go straight, compared to my other skis and handled the piste just fine. On powder they still like to go big but you can slash tighter turns no problem too. It'll do what ever you want. Then I tried taking it on moguls but the ski said 'Pft. No Way' and I didn't push the issue. It was fun but I think it will be more fun on bigger powder days next year (if there's snow. ha ha. umm....)

whats it ride like?

Hi Guys/ Gozaimaas

Seemore

Have you looked at the cheetah? Much better than the fish if its in your size range

Wow that looks nice about the same price as the fish too although I can't pick up last years model for cheaper.

Thanks TB I checked them out.

whats it ride like?

Hi Guys/ Gozaimaas

Seemore

Is the Cheetah the same as the Stellar? I haven't compared specs but the Stellar looks like almost the same board except that it is/was almost double the price... Wonder if it was another 'rip-off the Japanese snowboarder' kind of thing that Burton seems to love to do.

Yeah the cheetah is a stellar for malnourished kids. It comes in a 159 only which is very disappointing. The stellar was a 164 and only sold in japan, the cheetah is worldwide. If i was under 70kg and living in japan i would own one in a heartbeat.

Yeah the cheetah is a stellar for malnourished kids. It comes in a 159 only which is very disappointing. The stellar was a 164 and only sold in japan, the cheetah is worldwide. If i was under 70kg and living in japan i would own one in a heartbeat.

Gozaimaas

What size fish do you ride I was riding my 156 and I weigh approx 85kgs I was thinking the 159 cheetah would be perfect although I am leaning towards the hovercraft 156.

Seemore

I like big boards, you might be fine with the 159 cheetah. Remember if it had a full tail it would probably measure 163 or so, but then it has a longer nose so it probably gains just as much or more length there. It probably has the effective edge of a 155. I havent seen the specs.

• 1 month later...