August is my time of the year to stock up for the upcoming season. So far I got:

• A set of Hestra Heater gloves (discounted from Geartrade.com) to replace my 180s. While the 180s were nice, I'm hoping that the heated Hestras will be better at keeping the hakkoda winter at bay.
  • A new Gopro. I gave my old one to my nephew, now I get to upgrade to the Gopro2 :}
  • I need to pick a new lens for my Smith I/O goggles. Last year branches were not kind to them.

What are you getting?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While shopping for a new jacket I ended up getting a board, bindings, goggles, pants and jacket... now I have to try and hide the credit card bill from my wife because the world didn't end today like

The bag inspires an old joke to come to mind   Princess Diana and Dolly Parton had both died on the same night. When they reached the gates of Heaven they were greeted by St. Peter.St. Peter said "E

New skis & bindings awaiting xmas pickup & testing in Rockies first week of January.

Might get some new skis. Might.

Denial, anger, depression and acceptance are not just the four stages of grief, but the four stages for buying expensive gear. Right now you are in denial. The sooner you get over being angry at the cost and depress for all the money you will pay, the sooner you'll accept it and enjoy them :D

:lol:

Actually I'm not really. I don't get lustful of new ski gear really. I'd honestly much prefer to spend my money on camera equipment (did lots of that in spring!) and I don't need new skis really.

I just might be tempted if I see some.

Mt Ruapehu for 5 days, plus some driving around visiting family in the North Island. Hope to get some nice spring conditions, but Ruapehu can be a fickle beast, so will have to wait and see.

Well I've already bought a new board so that's my big purchase for the year, but I do need to replace the old base layers that I've been wearing for years!! :shifty: Was therefore thinking of saving some pennies and getting some of those "stay dry/keep cool" tops that are now being sold off cheap in the end of the summer sales! :D

Just thinking about this now, definitely new boots, I have managed to wear through both liners on mine this summer, probably atomic rt 130s or redsters, maybe dalbelllo scorpions. Almost certainly new powder skis, as I am bored of my chopsticks, frontrunners are line opus, or blizzard bodacious. Probably new helmet and goggles. Then the usual replacements of socks/thermals etc.

I MAY consider buying a pair of ski boots...

Learning last week in hired torture devices was not all that pleasant. If I were to commit to doing a few more ski lessons I think a ski boot purchase would be required.

Also need to get some new bindings for my 2013 board.

My old SP Fastecs had a couple of fails this season - they are getting a bit weathered now. Time for an upgrade. I like the look of the new females Fastec bindings which provide a hybrid between ratchet and convenience binding. Very clever.

can i amaze everyone and say as yet, nothing. Not even my switchbacks *though as a sucker for hype, and reading angrysnowboarder going mental for them, im considering the now bindings instead).

I went in to buy new boots as my 5 y.o. Rossi Bandits keep leaving me with a black toe on one foot leading to subseqent loss of toenail every year.

Have been buying gear off the same shop in Bris-Vegas since..........forever and was prepared to shell out $900 or more for new boots.

The boot fitter could have easy taken my money but ended up fitting a custom made foot-bed to my Bandits that feels sooo good - Cost - $185.

I remember 5 years ago after I shelled out $700 for the boots I passed on spending another $185 bucks - "na don't need them mate" - shoulda done so.

Felt so good about saving on new boots I bought some new ski pants.

Did you get a southern hemisphere trip in SJ?

No, unfortunately not this year mate.

Too busy at work and feeling guily at leaving my business partners with the load.................must be getting soft, it never worried me before

Skis, boot liners, gloves, goggles.

Kiroro season pass

I'm in the 45+ age group bracket and third consecutive seasons pass purchase gives me a double discount and a cost of Y 33,000

Got 43 days there last winter, hoping to get to 66 this winter and a daily play of Y 500