When you buy eggs from a supermarket they are never in the chilled department but when we take them home the first thing we do is put them in their little place inside the fridge. So, should Eggs be refrigerated or not, if yes why aren't they stored in the cold section of the shop, if not why do we put them in the fridge?

And more obvious perhaps but where do I put chocolate?

I always thought that eggs stayed fresher and/or lasted longer if you kept them in the fridge, but that you should take them out and allow them to return to room temperature before using them.

As for chocolate, mine usually doesn't make it as far as the fridge! :yummy:

In Canada they are sold in the refrigerated section and are usually stored in the fridge at home. They also don't have expirary dates like they do here... I think the expirary dates have something to do with using raw or only partially cooked eggs in Japan.

I was at my friends new house back in Canada and he has this huge monstrosity of a stainless steel fridge that pretty much does and has everything. Funny thing is it's only him and his wife..no kids. :lol: The one we have is a medium size but about 20 yrs old. My wife wants a new one but until this one dies.....no way.

back on topic...ya, peanut butter, salsa, hot sauce, Thai chili sauce, miso, ketchup, .... the wife and I are always having "discussions" about whether these go in the fridge or not.

We always put eggs in the fridge and ketchup once it has been opened in summer. In winter here of course no need as are kitchen itself turns into a fridge in winter.

Chocolate if it survives long enough it goes in the fridge, jam also in summer.

The old ladies in my neighborhood were all gathered around my truck....they often do so right when I'm giving it a wash and in a hurry.... :angry: ...and they were complaining that even the tubs of miso paste they have were going bad which they've never seen before.