Hello all, I am new to this forum and was looking for a bit of advice.

I will be arriving in Japan in November for the ski season. At the moment I am trying to figure out wether to head to Niseko or Hakuba for the season. I have a working visa and will be looking for work in a Bar, Restaurant or Rental/ retail shop.

Where would you guys recommend for steep and deep, fun trees, exciting terrain?

Thank you in advance.

Ali. x

niseko always first for me. Its just ridiculous. Even if you hate niseko after a few weeks you can just dick around at kiroro, moiwa, and a few other less populated places. Honestly, niseko niseko niseko niseko. :)

I'd think more work opportunity in Niseko, but not really sure.

One question is what kind of skiing/boarding you want: I'd pick Niseko region for resort/side country powder, Hakuba if I wanted to concentrate on back country touring -- not that you'd be going far wrong either way.

Welcome to the most hotly contested argument on SnowJapan :laugh: :nisekohakuba:

Welcome to the most hotly contested argument on SnowJapan :laugh: :nisekohakuba:

Not really. It was settled a bit ago and beyond any reasonable doubt that the answer was Hakkoda Mt Granview ;)

• Like 1

I'd think more work opportunity in Niseko, but not really sure.

I'd think Niseko would probably have at least double the amount of jobs for foreigners than all other Japanese ski resorts put together.