The ski resort in Japan where you experienced the best snow?

Hi there

Looking forward to my first time in Japan in January.

Can't wait.

Interested to hear where you have enjoyed the best snow in Japan? I'm not trying to open an argument about where the best snow is - honest - just where YOU have experienced your best snow?

Cheers

:wave:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Akakura kanko and Seki Onsen in Feb this year. We arrived at midnight on the second day of a 3 day front that dropped over 4 metres and caused chaos for the locals. Straight to Seki the next morning

My best day snow-wise here was at Asahidake in early February last year. It was just so incredibly deep, neck and shoulders covered alot of the time, and very very light. Unfortunately, at Asahidake the terrain isn't that steep, so the day involved alot of wading across flat areas! In the steeper areas though, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

Most memorable was the final day of a 3-day storm in Nozawa, waist-deep powder as light as smoke on Callenger and off the sides of Gyu-kubi. Floundered a lot and didn't ski it very well :lol: but damn that was something.

SO MANY!!

Niseko.

*First Tracks down Miharashi, second run down was nothing like the first.

*Early tracks under the Grand Hirafu Gondola. :D

Cortina.

*hallelujah!

Iwatake.

*a basic little run, on repeat in consistent snow, all day. A full day of smiles and fresh powder.

Rusutsu.

*the first time I ventured off the groomers and learned to ride powder. Had a brilliant day.