Shiozawa fireworks tonight and Muikamachi later in the week.

Looks like it should be clear conditions too today at least.

Really enjoyed it last year up and close with the sounds richochet-ing round the valley.

One good thing about summer!

Fun fireworks this evening.

It cooled down a fair bit too, so was bearable out there.

Beer helped!

I wasn't planning on taking any pics, but couldn't resist.

5 minutes pre-study on how to take photos of fireworks :lol:

So, total beginner stuff

But some came out pretty

gallery_6744_22_323412.jpg

gallery_6744_22_388139.jpg

gallery_6744_22_47538.jpg

gallery_6744_22_212974.jpg

gallery_6744_22_537261.jpg

A fun time was had!

:cheers:

Lovely work Muika

It's not easy capturing the majesty of Fireworks on film - your experience and equipment no doubt helps

Thanks snowjunky.... It was fun and I think I learnt a lot.

Basically I had the camera on a tripod, focused to infinity, set it to f10 or thereabouts and gave it 20-30 seconds.

Seemed to work for these ones.

Will try to be more prepared next time and have a proper go.

Fireworks in our valley here are really cool with the mountains on most sides and the sound bouncing off them.

:)

It was the 24-70mm.

I actually took the 70-200mm as well in my bag but I just didn't want to be faffing about - the beer and food was good - so it stayed in the bag.

Once I had it set up all I did was push the shutter every now and again.

:thumbsup:

Been said before by those who know him, and perhaps himself, but I think muika is wary of getting too technical/serious about it all.

He obviously has a natural talent, I was there last night and he really did just set it up and click every now and again.

I suppose some of the fun could go if too much thought is put into it. Or perhaps the other way round?

Whatever, cool pics dude! Had a fun time.

Aw, I get a bit embarrassed at all that talk, toka. I do want to improve and learn, just find it find it hard to find the time. It's not what I do, it's my hobby and want to continue just enjoy taking nice pics.

I thought Ito might be doing better, isn't it a bit tourist spot?

Personally I wish the fireworks were a more intense 30 minutes than one at a time over 90 minutes thing that we often get.

Aw, I get a bit embarrassed at all that talk, toka. I do want to improve and learn, just find it find it hard to find the time. It's not what I do, it's my hobby and want to continue just enjoy taking nice pics.

I thought Ito might be doing better, isn't it a bit tourist spot?

Well I reckon you should be the official photographer for the Big G or failing that, at least for the fireworks display at the opening ceremony, whenever that may be! :thumbsup:

As for Ito, I believe someone blogged about it fairly recently! ;)

I would say drop by for a few beers BM...but I won't be watching them either as I have a gig ( I don't want to play) that night... :(

I would totally have taken you up on that offer but I'm not going to be around... and neither are you ;) I'll drop you a line next time I'm around. I was actually there today but it was a stealth surf mission as I ducked out of work early :)