Australia is packed to the rafters with uneducated, selfish, hypocritical arseholes surfarthur. Why else would we have a PM like Tony Abbott if they weren't?

Brilliant!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, if you break life down into it's simplest parts, it's all about passing on your DNA.

I'm interested in this "as a species we are favouring those who have a strong urge to have kids"?   What does that mean? Who is favouring those, and in what way? You mean things like tax breaks an

One other thing to consider: If Australia still wants to assert the position that whales should not be killed for scientific research, and expect any other country or international body to take their

Survival of the fittest and since they can't hold a gun, they are weaker than us......bye-bye dangerous animals

Do you really think like that?

It may well be essentially true, but I hope that our 'humanity' (trying to think of a better way to put it!) would make us somehow better than that.

And while you're at it, someone mentioned snakes, and a jolly good suggestion. Let's kill some snakes too.

Yep, kill them too.....crocs n jellyfish are also on that list.....sayonara

Survival of the fittest and since they can't hold a gun, they are weaker than us......bye-bye dangerous animals

Do you really think like that?

It may well be essentially true, but I hope that our 'humanity' (trying to think of a better way to put it!) would make us somehow better than that.

Well not entirely, I was being a tad flippant but I have no truck with culling animals if it does improve people's safety. Using our "humanity" to shrug it off is wrong IMO. We have the tools to minimise the risk and we should use them. Although we can think for ourselves, we are still only a part of the natural world. Just because we have feelings isn't a reason for us not to protect ourselves if we can.

Thanks Dunga

But it doesn't really make any sense

"'If I’m free-diving I’m not worried about sharks because if I know I’m in an area where there’s bull sharks or tiger sharks or great white sharks, I will be looking out constantly them because I know their nature. They’re not going to come from the direction I’m looking at,' he said."

• 4 weeks later...

is this new?

Sharks longer than 3 metres that get near popular beaches in Western Australia will be caught, shot and dumped back into the sea, in a series of measures aimed at reducing public anxiety over attacks.

Details of the WA government’s controversial “shark management” strategy have been released, with sharks bigger than 3 metres singled out for shooting and then discarding offshore.

A tender released by the government calls for an “experienced licensed commercial fishing organisation” to deploy and maintain up to 72 drum lines off popular beaches in Perth and elsewhere along the south-west coast.

The drum lines, containing a hook with bait on them, will catch and, eventually, kill passing sharks that come within 1km of the beach.

Should a live white shark, tiger shark or bull shark longer than 3 metres be found on the drum lines, they will be “humanely destroyed” with a firearm, according to the tender documents.

Shark corpses will be then tagged and taken further out to sea and dumped. Other animals caught on the baited hooks will be released alive “where possible”.

The drum lines will be patrolled by boats for 12 hours a day, seven days a week, until April. Only contractors’ vessels will be allowed within a 50-metre exclusion zone set up around the drum lines.

this is doing the rounds on Face Cloth at the moment....

Manhattan Beach in LA

ku-xlarge.jpg

a mum took a photo of her two kids playing in the sea and uploaded to FB before she noticed the shadow in the wave behind her kids

is this new?

Sharks longer than 3 metres that get near popular beaches in Western Australia will be caught, shot and dumped back into the sea, in a series of measures aimed at reducing public anxiety over attacks.

Details of the WA government’s controversial “shark management” strategy have been released, with sharks bigger than 3 metres singled out for shooting and then discarding offshore.

A tender released by the government calls for an “experienced licensed commercial fishing organisation” to deploy and maintain up to 72 drum lines off popular beaches in Perth and elsewhere along the south-west coast.

The drum lines, containing a hook with bait on them, will catch and, eventually, kill passing sharks that come within 1km of the beach.

Should a live white shark, tiger shark or bull shark longer than 3 metres be found on the drum lines, they will be “humanely destroyed” with a firearm, according to the tender documents.

Shark corpses will be then tagged and taken further out to sea and dumped. Other animals caught on the baited hooks will be released alive “where possible”.

The drum lines will be patrolled by boats for 12 hours a day, seven days a week, until April. Only contractors’ vessels will be allowed within a 50-metre exclusion zone set up around the drum lines.

Yes Cal

Very controversial but the majority I believe are happy with the outcome there are some pretty big scary sharks closing our beaches daily.

Once they have caught a few I may be tempted to go diving again

Sharks longer than 3 metres that get near popular beaches in Western Australia will be caught

What if a shark is exactly 3 metres long?

If the sharks get to know about this policy, they'll probably cut back on eating their crusts just so that they don't get to be 3m long.

Intelligent sharks though would just jolly well not go near popular beaches.

Not these sharks then, they're pathetic.

viz_patheticshar_2099683i.jpg

And while you're at it, someone mentioned snakes, and a jolly good suggestion. Let's kill some snakes too.

yes, and spiders too. and while we are at it. lets kill some terrorists!!

not just some. ALL.

this is doing the rounds on Face Cloth at the moment....

Manhattan Beach in LA

ku-xlarge.jpg

a mum took a photo of her two kids playing in the sea and uploaded to FB before she noticed the shadow in the wave behind her kids

Nightmare stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

On a lighter note, restaurants have pulled shark's fin from menus and are using vegetarian fins in the soup.

Wedding banquet menus are trending to double boiled soup in place of fin.

Now, lets have some dolphin.