Geeze, seemore, that's a bit dumb!

"They don't really do anything" - are you certain? care to do a bit of research?

For a start, they are the top of the food chain in the ocean. They are, therefore, a bit important in keeping the rest of the place in balance.

What you said is like saying that the Lion "doesn't do very much" except fornicate and eat!

Tongue in cheek JA

Glad to see you are still alive mate.

You don't have to worry about sharks out in the bush just the chance of getting bleeding eardrums from those counry music singers. :friend:

I love the ocean and have the utmost respect for sea creatures, I don't understand why Great Whites are an endngered species and have been for 100 years.

We are raping the ocean of every edible fish (there food source) but this one still remains sacred.

They are hanging around beaches alot more and not just having a bite and leaving they are finishing off the meal.

Obviously more research needs to be done.

Other countries kill big marine animals for research so maybe we should kill a few big sharks.

Anyway I am off for a surf.

seemore

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, if you break life down into it's simplest parts, it's all about passing on your DNA.

I'm interested in this "as a species we are favouring those who have a strong urge to have kids"?   What does that mean? Who is favouring those, and in what way? You mean things like tax breaks an

One other thing to consider: If Australia still wants to assert the position that whales should not be killed for scientific research, and expect any other country or international body to take their

They are hanging around beaches alot more and not just having a bite and leaving they are finishing off the meal.

I don't know about shark grans but my gran always used to say that it was bad manners to leave food on the plate.

Obviously, sharks don't use plates - as far as I am aware - but the same kind of thing will surely apply.

What you said is like saying that the Lion "doesn't do very much" except fornicate and eat!

So what else do they do? :confused: Eating and fornicating is pretty much all animals live for, last time I checked Larry the Lion wasn't pulling a double shift in the local 7-11 and Sammy Shark was nowhere to be seen down the Quantum Physics lab

They have to do things like 'survive', which seems to be a bit part of lots of their lives.

Honestly I'd say a lot of animals put in a bigger effort into it than those people in the 7-11. No offense intended.

Whoah, so sorry! Me bad.

I suppose there's some real deep meaning to the work that 7-11 counter staff do. That's what they are doing isn't it? Working to get some cash to buy food to survive. They don't need to be looking round their shoulder for someone/thing about to eat them do they.

Exactly my point.....all ANY animals life is, is about eating and reproducing.....anything else is window dressing......sharks have very little window dressing.

Survival is just a part of being alive......it's not something that's "done"

Err.....no.....how exactly is that what I said?! I replied to JA's post that said "..it's like saying lions don't do anything but eat and formicate" to which I said that IS all they do......no mention of the merits of killing or not killing :confused:

Yep, if you break life down into it's simplest parts, it's all about passing on your DNA.

And the fact that lots of us decide we don't want to do that clearly shows how it's not quite as simple as all that.

And the fact that lots of us decide we don't want to do that clearly shows how it's not quite as simple as all that.

But the majority far outweigh the minority?

That's just thinning of the herd.....evolution at work. Means that as a species we are favouring those who have a strong urge to have kids and probate the species over those who have a weak urge...it's all part of the same system

I'm interested in this "as a species we are favouring those who have a strong urge to have kids"?

What does that mean? Who is favouring those, and in what way? You mean things like tax breaks and that kind of thing, or something else?

Anyone - who is not infertile of course - can quite easily have kids. It's not really difficult, in theory anyway.

Unfortunately the fact is that lots of the more intelligent/healthier people on the earth are having none or less by choice.

It doesn't bode well for the future.

• Like 1

and so...?

and so...?

...your point is?

People who choose to not have kids cannot pass their genes on to the next generation, so what makes them "them" dies with them. So in the long term evolution is favouring those who have stronger disposition to pass on their genes. You can say people are "choosing" if u want but it's still basic evolutionary theory at work