It's nearly time to escape Japan and get some pies and beer in.

Not quite, but I'm dreaming about it - so placeholder for thread in place.

Here's last year's 'blog', as those young hipsters say.... some fine pies and fine beer were had.

http://www.snowjapan...er-thread-2011/

I wonder what this year will bring.

I imagine some good pies and some good beer. Probably.

Feel free to add if you experience any good pies and beer.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Down at a pie shoppe  

Get some of this in pie-eater:

Kent lager toasted as one of world's best in beer 'Oscars'

Chapel Down vineyard wins gold medal for its Curious Brew premium lager in worldwide competition

A new English beer made by a Kent winemaker has been named as one of the world's best lagers in the industry's equivalent to the Oscars.

The annual International Beer Challenge – which has been judging the world's best beers for the past 16 years – has awarded the ultimate accolade of a gold medal to Chapel Down vineyard for its Curious Brew premium lager.

The prestigious annual competition attract entries from the world's largest breweries through to the burgeoning band of pioneering microbrewers.

This year, judges tasted over 400 beers before declaring the Kent winemaker's lager to be the best of its class. The competition deemed only 30 beers, from countries including Belgium, Germany, Italy, New Zealand and the USA, to be of gold-medal standard. Curious Brew was one of only three international lagers awarded a golden gong.

Chapel-Down-Curious-Brew-008.jpg

I'm only posting because I'm excited at the thought of a lovely peppered steak pie for lunch a week today and then some beer in the evening.

:yummy:

Sorry have been a bit slack. Too busy with pies, sandwiches and beers.

Safe to say though ales don't give me hangovers unlike Japanese beers. Strange that.

Safe to say though ales don't give me hangovers unlike Japanese beers. Strange that.

Interesting that. I'm the other way round, I seem to get hangovers quick when out of Japan. Perhaps because I mix things up much more than here.

Mixing never is good for me.

I can drink quite a bit as long as I stick to the same kind of stuff.

If I go out and have 6 pints each a different bitter, I'm asking for trouble.

Used to be able to wallop that lot down as well.

:(