id actually want to see some more sports. But actually proper ones :p

Gimme some cricket and rugby (and some baseball for the yanks - why on earth did they get rid of it?). Also some golf. Maybe even a grand prix as well. :)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good idea as well I reckon.

I can totally understand the perspective of pfft sport, what about interest rates, trade deficit and community health. I get it.  But the reality is that sports investment is way worse than it has b

Ha! chance would be a fine thing. We might actually see more than 5 sports.

Current standing:

Womens volleyball.

Judo

Womens soccer.

Gymnastics.

Weightlifting

ETA: I forgot, they have shown a bit of swimming. So six sports in the olympics this year! yay!

ETA2: Id also really like them to have a massive its a knockout race as well.

The korean dude won the judges decision unanimously, the japanese dude stood astonished, but the brits revolted and started booing. The three judges were pulled over to the side and were seemingly bollocked by the fourth official (what do i know?), had a revote and unanimously gave it to the japanese dude to the sheer astonishment of the korean. I can only imagine youll see it a few times on the telly. :D

That was a pretty astonishing first judgment. I have no idea on what basis they gave it to Cho at first. I think the correction was proper, but not a very happy way to handle things for either competitor. Ebinuma didn't look happy even after he was finally declared the victor.

i enjoyed it. Im not sure why they gave it to cho, but i just assumed thats because im a dumb tv watcher and have no real idea about judo. :) I also have no idea why the throw in extra time was overturned since he pretty much slammed him (maybe too wrestly?) Id love to have someone who knows their judo to explain what the hell happened here because it was spectacular! :p Im off to hunt down a judo forum...

I have no real idea about judo either, to be honest. Did a tiny bit of wrestling in high school, but don't even remember all the rules for that, either.

But, Ebinuma was on the verge of getting points during the match, while Cho never was (though he did manage to hurt Ebinuma's arm at one point), so I would have thought that in a draw, it would go to Ebinuma. But what do I know.

I'm sure it will all be dissected in detail on TV tomorrow.

(Though probably in even more detail on South Korean TV!)

speaking of stuff i havent got a clue about, the womens road race is hitting its closing stages... somehow the 4 riders are now in trouble because the fourth rider was working really hard and contributing to that groups lead? Its actually in everyones interest in the breakaway pack to help each other even though theyre all in competition... My general ignorance on what theyre talking about and riding tactics blows my mind. :p

Watched two games of men's water polo and a bit of women's weightlifting in between.

I was gobsmacked at the androgynous (nay, masculine!) appearance of one of the competitors ... Will see if I can find who it was.

Also finding I Interesting that a woman responsible for the smooth operations of stuff in London wasa gobbing off about how she has this amazing team of professionals and NOTHING would go wrong at 'her' games (not sure who it was)..... And then they hoist the wrong Korean flag. Umah! Could have been any other of the 100+ flags without so much angst, but noooooo....they got the absolute worst possible mistake. Then Cav is complaining the Aussies didn't help him win (Ahhhh...Aussies buddy, not Brits...). And now the Judo call.

Just goes to show doesn't it. A bit of humility is a good thing.